Does Orei Splitters work with capture card

• Hello People,

This is my first post :)

I am trying to setup ambilight for my 75inch TV. Since I am from India I don't have lot of options for capture cards and splitters which are recommend in this forum. I came across few which I think might solve the purpose, Just wanted to get second opinion before I go and buy them. Main thing I need is HDCP 2.2 and HDR support (Dolby Vision and Atmos passthrough)

Splitter (planning to buy 2 of them)

Product website: https://www.orei.com/products/…rahd-1-in-2-hdmi-splitter

Amazon:

My setup:

Fire Tv stick 4k > Splitter(1) Input

Output 1 connected to Samsung Soundbar (which will passthrough everything to TV)

Output 2 connected to Splitter(2) Input

Splitter(2): Capture card connected to Output 2

Output 1 of Splitter(2) is left out with no connections.

The reason I need two splitters is due to the fact that splitter can output only one resolution to both outputs but I need one output at 4k and other to have 1080p for capture card.

First thing i want to validate with you folks is whether the setup and my assumptions described above are correct ? And the splitter I am have mentioned above solves my purpose ?

Btw the HDMI to USB 2.0 capture card I have can take in 4k@30Hz.

• I think you don't need second Splitter, its ok to connect 4K output from Splitter directly to HDMI to USB capture, and even if you have 2 Splitter, your second splitter output will have same 4K res because your source and your splitter are support 4K and will not become 1080P as you expected

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!