Ideal setup for Xbox Series X (HDMI 2.1)

• Hey

I need a bit of help to figure out the best way of adding Hyperion to my setup.

Now:

- Xbox Series X connected to the TV via HDMI 2.1 4k@120 with VBR enabled, sound output via HDMI audio (Bitstream out + Dolby Atmos)

- Soundbar is connected to the TV via HDMI 2.0 with eARC

I guess the ideal scenario would be to have an "all in pass-through" capturer card with 4k@120 + VBR, HDCP, HDR10, eARC, HDCP, Dolby Atmos...

AFAIK these don't exist yet so I wonder what would be the best setup and what compromises are required nowadays? What capturer/splitter would you recommend?

BTW Will eARC and Atmos with work with capture or splitter passthrough

• This is not possible at the moment.

The upcoming HDFury 8K VRROOM can do whatever you want, except for HDR to SDR tone mapping.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Why we need this "HDR to SDR tone mapping" ?

because Hyperion.NG can not cope with HDR signals.

so you have option:

• Or use HyperHDR fork from Awawa >> Special Hyperion fork that can tone map ( sort of) HDR signals into normal colours..
    • Or tone map it yourself BEFORE Hyperion software have to cope with it, some Android boxes have this option to tone map from HDR to SDR
    • Or switch of the HDR ( Dolby Vision) signal from the source to the TV a.k.a Hyperion

If you don't do this the colours will be off, like vale and not bright, colours is awful then.

goodluck!

• thx for the answers.

I am exploring HDFury option. It looks like the original intent for this device was a bit different. It is unclear to me if it is possible to just split the video signal using HDFury and still connect the soundbar to TV via eARC (the HDFury demos have eARC soundbar connected to HDFury). I am validating this with support.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!