I figured many problems on my own with help of this great forum, but this time I got defeated by my setup this time and I need your direct help. It was working for about half a year now and out of the blue it just began to only emmit peak bright white. It was a bit creepy, because my wife woke me up one night saying that someone is in the house, because the light in my office is on. As a troubleshooting I reinstalled Hyperbian and went through the configuration process once again writing down all changes I made to make a troubleshooting easier. I also changed the data cable that goes form SPI to the data line of my strip.
- only screen capture via Windows Grabber
- no starting effects and no idle effect either
- SK6812 RGBW (157 LED's in total)
- Raspberry Pi4
- cables for LED'S came from an old PSU
- cables for RPI are common jumper cables
- Meanwell power supply (for both raspberry and LED's)
- Hyperbian (the newest issue 2021-10-06) with 2.0.0-alpha.11
- Added "spidev.bufsiz=32768" to the cmdline.txt
- Added "core_freq=500" and "core_freq_min=500" to the config.txt
- Turned sound off in config.txt
- Controller is sk66812spi (SPI 0)
- Baudrate 3000000
As soon as RPi booted up all LED's emmit peak bright white light instead of no effect at all. The strip is not reacting to different idle settings, my windows grabber and/or hyperion app anymore.
When I boot RPI without data cable at GPIO10 and connect it later the whole strip is working for few minutes then fails again (only peak white output). I just bought a RPi0 to test it out with another hardware (Rpi4 was an overkill anyway, but I had it lying around).