Rullz capture card only working after disconnecting and reconnecting hdmi

• Hi all, recently got my Hyperion setup running but am finding my capture card gives a static signal to the raspberry pi on startup. If I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI input on the capture card the signal is fine. I've tried different hdmi cables but don't have another capture card to try. Any other suggestions for something that could be causing this?

My setup:

- source hdmi (avr) to feintech VSP01204 hdmi splitter. Output 1 to tv, output 2 to Rullz hdmi capture card with loop

- capture card usb out to raspberry pi zero

Could it be that I need a hdmi capture to USB instead of the capture with loop card that I have?

• Hi all, recently got my Hyperion setup running but am finding my capture card gives a static signal to the raspberry pi on startup

i have the Rullz LOOP converter 2.0 USB, with me same problem. (sometimes)

sometimes static signal on HDMI when Raspi/Hyperion boots, when i restart/reset the hDMI splitter then its gone and stays gone.

Its the type of Rulzz LOOP converter that causes this.

I was thinking that maybe the problem is because the HDMI signal comes from diffrent powersource of 5 volts/GND and collides inside the Rullz.

I want to try to power the HDMI splitter directly not from socket adapter but from my main PSU, maybe thats better and voltages don't collide.

or workaround:

going to make a reset on the power jack of the splitter on a relais, so when relais activated power falls and thus HDMI splitter resets.

you don't have to do the psysical disconnecting of the jack itself then..

• I've played around a bit with powering the capture card independent of the Pi and HDMI but was still having the same issue. May just be a limitation of the unit!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!