Random flashes on new set up - Pi2B+, SK6812

• Hi everyone,

I've set up my Hyperion and it works almost great.

My set up

Denon X3700 -> TV

-> Capture card -> Pi2B+ -> SK6812

The Pi and the strip are both connected to the same power supply (15A, 5V), with ground wire coming off the pi, along with the ground off the led strip and the power supply.

I have a great colour capture, and the whole set up runs great, beautifully responsive and everything.

Unfortunately, every now and again I will have a bright flash of light. There is no pattern to this, and i found it to be not reproducible.

I can't see anything in the log that would be relevant (no time stamps corresponding to the flashes.

Any ideas?

Please let me know if wrong forum.

• How long is the data wire between RPi and LED stripe? If too long (more than 0.5 meter) the data cable works like an antenna and get influences of WLAN, Bluetooth and other radio frequencies. In most cases a shielded cable could help. Maybe also you need a level shifter (3.3V to 5V).

Grüße aus Österreich / Greetings from Austria !

- Don't wanna miss it anymore !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mike72 ()

• Trying again!

Thanks for your response!

I will look into insulting the wire, but was hoping to avoid the shifter by using a 5V supply rather than running the whole thing through pi.

For whatever reason I seem to be deleting my own responses!

• For whatever reason I seem to be deleting my own responses!

its your browser > don't use Duck Duck go . other user had the same

I will look into insulting the wire

also use more than one GND PIN on the Raspi, use multiple common grounds

look at your settings, flickering of light can be

to test:

the grabber > look to your live visualisation field to see the image falls the same moment you have the flash of bright lights..

Run the Ledstrip on SPI > when running on PWM ws281x

• Thanks Lightning guy. I’m using safari on an i phone, maybe it’s their privacy stings.

Do you mean use multiple grounds at the same time?

I’ve looked at the grabber, but there was no flash seen there. I’ll continue looking though.

I’m currently running off pin 12 - gpio18. I’ll try one the spi pins.

• you need PIN 19 GPIO10 for SPI0

Puy every GND / -V / - together

Use more then one GND pin on the Raspi.

Connect everything from GND to GND

Just to rule out connections 》》 if you use jumpercables then solder them to the PINS.

Put a extra line into config.txt

dtparam=audio=off

• I tried with multiple grounds, as well as changing to SPI. I don't have a soldering iron, nor the skill, so that is awaiting availability of a friend to sort out. The issue persisted, and I disabled hyperion for now. However, i realised that the shield itself has an occasional flash - likely didn't notice it before due to the hyperion being so bright. I'm looking into sorting that out first

Unfortunately, the issue seems to continue with other sources as well - so no, nowhere near solved at the moment. Will need to get my soldering friend over.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kozikodi () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by kozikodi into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!