Import/Export of configuration causes Web UI to not come back

• Love the software, However I am having trouble restoring configuration

Heres a step by step of what I did

I was wanting to update my version of Hyperion from 2.0.0-Alpha10 to the newest version, I think it's 2.0.12. I backed up my configuration in General, Import/Export, and downloaded my .json config file. I then proceeded to go to the update button, clicked it and noticed it did nothing. I google searched briefly and found that most people just reinstall from scratch, so I proceeded to do so.

I reimaged my Raspberry pi 3 with Raspberry PI OS lite, and installed hyperbian the same way I installed previously, went to the webUI; everything seems good. I wanted to import my configuration from before so I went to general, Import, selected the file and clicked yes.

This is where things are funky. The webUI redirects me to a page saying its uploading the configuration, and I let this run all night, just in case it needed more time, but I believe the import function just crashed the UI. The Pi never goes offline, I can ping it the whole time, and if I run "top" on the PI, hyperion is running. if i stop and start Hyperion on the pi, it will bring the UI back up, but none of the configuration has changed.

Not sure if this is a bug or not

• Hello. sorry by invading this post, but the exact same thing is happening to me: I was in version 2.0.0Alpha9, and made a backup of the configuration, then i made a fresh install of the latest version 2.0.13, and every time i try to import the backup the Hyperion goes offline and never come back. I have to reset power to raspPi to have again the webui but everything is with default configuration.

Something goes wrong everyte i try to import the backup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

finipini I tried myself and it looks like the issue is that the current hyperion is running under root.

After importing, Hyperion is not restarted, as the previous process did not end correctly.
    I assume that hyperion runs under root at your end, too 8given that you use ws821x LEDs.

You could do after import:

a) reboot the pi

b)
    1. Import the old config
    2. ssh into the pi

3. systemctl stop hyperion@root

4. systemctl start hyperion@root

5. systemctl status hyperion@root
    to check that hyperion is running

• Tryed this today and the result is the same.

I did the commands has you said and when hyperion is started by ssh then hyperion came up without the config i imported.

btw now we have to connect an interface to rasp pi to set username and password, the default "user:pi username:raspberry" don,t work anymore we always have to set it up first to ssh to the pi.

For me is not a big deal, i am far from beeing an expert in this matters, but i can see that the configuration i backed up is easily readble.

But I can still make some test if you like to know why this happened.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von finipini () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by finipini into this post.

• Offizieller Beitrag

btw now we have to connect an interface to rasp pi to set username and password, the default "user:pi username:raspberry" don,t work anymore we always have to set it up first to ssh to the pi.

The default user pi has been removed by the raspian OS for security reasons.

We updated the HyperBian image with a new default user hyperion instead, but the image has not been released yet.

Then there will be no need to workaround as per today.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did the commands has you said and when hyperion is started by ssh then hyperion came up without the config i imported.

Just we are clear…

When you mention „Hyperion is started via ssh“ do you mean started via systemctl or you startended it manually via hyperiond?

Could you post a screenshot of Sytem->About before the import, after the import and after you starten Hyperion via ssh, please?

• I mean when i started hyperion by ssh ( systemctl start hyperion@root) after imported the config, and also after the comand systemctl stop hyperion@root

after i import configuration if i go throw ssh see the status it says it,s dead.

... so after the import and before the comands to stop and start i can,t send the pic of system/about ;)

after stop and start by ssh

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von finipini () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by finipini into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!