No image from Internal grabber

• Hey guys,

i installed my old ambilight and hooked it up to my Raspberry Pi 4. i'm using my pi to browse the web and watch videos i want to use the ambilight with the RBpi OS. i installed the latest hyperion.ng version and started it up, configured it and all the effects work but not the screen grab. i used the only choice at the capture hardware settings "frame buffer" input "FB0". If i click on the live video i only see a black screen. There are also no errors in the logs.

Here are my specs:

Raspberry Pi 4 8 GB

The Latest Raspberry OS version

The Latest Hyperion.NG version

apa102 LEDS

Do you guys have any ideas why it does not work?

Tanks in advance :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you log-in into the rpi User Interface, you need to select an X11 based Window-Manager. Then you will be presented with the available Screengrabbers.

The current list is reduced, as Hyperion identifies that the other grabbers will not work how you currently use the system.

• When you log-in into the rpi User Interface, you need to select an X11 based Window-Manager. Then you will be presented with the available Screengrabbers.

The current list is reduced, as Hyperion identifies that the other grabbers will not work how you currently use the system.

I have exactly the same problem and I don't know what to do. I am using the latest Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye. As far as I can see, it uses some kind of new window manager https://www.raspberrypi.com/ne…ry-pi-os-debian-bullseye/ Could you give more detailed instructions on how to get the screen capture to work? Additionally, I want to say that I use Kodi 19.3 on my Raspberry Pi 4 and would like to capture the screen from it.

• I would like to have some more info too. This used to work out of the box (that is, booting up your pi and the ambilight started up straight away, mirroring the colors of the desktop), but not anymore apparently.

I don't understand how to install internal framegrabber for the pi.

I mean: "When you log-in into the rpi User Interface, you need to select an X11 based Window-Manager." --> How? Where?

• Offizieller Beitrag

See last post here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!