Settings for RaspiCam

• Hello,

I had hyperion 2.0.0alpha 9 running on my raspberry pi 3. I used the raspicam v2 as input device. Videoformat was set to "auto" and I used a custom resolution, crop values and framerate. Everything worked pretty well.

Now I wanted to update to hyperion 2.0.12. I started from a clean install of HyperBian. First thing I noticed was that I had to update the raspi-config to show the option "Legacy camera support". Before that I was not able to set the raspicam as input in hyperion.

Now I have a lot of videoformat options (MJPG, NV12, etc). But I can not set a custom resolution and framrate. Only options are 0x0 or 1024x768 and 30 or 90fps. Also when I try to set crop values the WebUI crashes and I have to restore the whole Pi from a backup image.

Does someone else use a raspicam as input with the latest hyperion version?

Do you have any tips, what are the recommended settings?

thanks!

Grüße Patrick ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Change the Settingslevel to Expert and you see more options.

The setting for a custom resolution has been replaced by a size decimation parameter which scales down the picture maintaining the aspect ratio.; so effect is the same.

• Thanks for the help. Settingslevel is set to expert.

The only available Device Resolution is 1024x768. And even a very small crop value like 5 crashes the live visualization.

How does size decimation work? If this is set to 2 the grabbed resolution would be 512x384?

If i set the framerate from 30fps to 90fps the captured image gets zoomed in a lot. I think this is because a different area of the camera sensor is used.

Looks like these are all specific issues when using the piCam. Unfortunately I dont have a "normal" webcam to test.

But maybe we can figure out whats the problem.

• Hello,

I want to bring this topic up again and summarize a bit.

To make the raspicam available in hyperion you have to:

• update the raspi-config tool and enable "Legacy camera support" or
    • manually edit /boot/config.txt, remove or comment the line "camera_auto_detect=1", and add "start_x=1" and "gpu_mem=128". As also described here.

Now I also tried using a cheap usb-webcam. On both cameras MJPEG seems to have the best performance but again as soon as I want to crop the image hyperion crashes. So it looks like this is not a specific raspicam issue.

Is someone using latest hyperion with cam input and is also using the crop feature?

thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!