Framebuffer capture on a Pi B+

• Here’s what I am trying to do. I want to make sure it’s possible. I have a Pi B+ running Hyperion. My receiver has dual HDMI outs so I thought I’d just output from the second out to the HDMI port on the Pi and use the hardware capture option. When I enable that, the only option I have is “framebuffer”. Haven’t been able to find any documentation on that to know if I’m doing it correctly. I have hooked another tv to the HDMI out and I’m getting signal coming through. The light strip only outputs a couple white lights when I enable it though. Is this possible or should I get a cheap HDMI to USB capture dongle?

• Hi, the HDMI can only be used as output on Raspberry Pi's.

USB capture dongles (aka grabbers) can be used to input video data into the Raspberry.

Keep in mind that HDMI is 'blessed' width HDCP, which can cause some headaches.

Searching on the term splitter or loop might give some more insight.

Hyperbian on Raspberry Pi 4 - 2Gb using Adafruit 2238 (SK9822) via SPI @ 30 leds / meter

USB grabber / splitter - MacroSilicon (0x2109)

Mounting to TV - todo

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Worfje ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!