More than 490 LEDs by Switching to USB/Serial?

• Hello everyone,

Thanks to the answer on my previous thread, I was able to get hyperion running flawlessly using WLED on an ESP8266 (NodeMCU). The only remaining issue is the 490 LED limit of WLED due to the UDP Packet size. I have 576 WS2815 12v LEDs, 4m of 144/m. My setup is already physically built, and the responsiveness is amazing, but I want to use all of the LEDs for the full effect.

I am already powering my ESP8266 by USB from my PC that is running Hyperion, is there a serial or USB connection I can switch to that enables all 576 LEDs? Adalight serial maybe? If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Jon

• Always simpler than I anticipate, you guys have done some incredible work on this project, I got up and running so much faster than I expected! Thanks for your help!

Follow up question, I can now address all 576 LEDs properly over the serial adalight connection, but the latency / responsiveness appears worse than the WLED UDP connection. Is this just a reality, or can I increase the baud rate or do anything to reduce the latency over USB?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Thelilgrant () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Thelilgrant into this post.

• WLED UDP = 490 LED

WLED USB = latency

2 x ESP UDP = 980 LED, no latency

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!