HDR not working

• I have just started this project and I have bought a HDMI splitter and a capture card. The splitter works amazingly and has HDR and CEC, but when I plug the capture card into the splitter the HDR does not work. Is there any way round this as I would like HDR to work.

• I have the same question, my TV won't do HDR when I have hyperion running. I'm wondering if I may need a 4k-HDR video capture device. Does anyone here know if that might be the case?

• I have the same question, my TV won't do HDR when I have hyperion running. I'm wondering if I may need a 4k-HDR video capture device. Does anyone here know if that might be the case?

True ! To have working HDR you need a HDR capture card.
    Check Zasluke - good quality cards, also you will need a hyperHDR to handle HDR input ;]

• I'm using an ezcoo splitter () and a cheap 10€ HDMI to USB Converter. I bought the ezcoo since it says it supports HDR, but do I understand correctly that I don't get HDR at my TV since I connected the cheap HDMI-USB converter to HDMI Output 2 of the splitter?

If I replace the ezcoo and the HDMI-USB by the ZasLuke () do I get HDR back??

Thank for all your support

• Check Zasluke - good quality cards, also you will need a hyperHDR to handle HDR input ;]

Which Zasluke?

I have bought Zasluke 4k USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture card (cant find other designations). I cant find specs mentioning HDR anywhere and I am getting worried that it doesnt support HDR capture at all. :( And even more, I am worried that it doesnt even support passtrough HDR :( :( and will strip HDR data from the signal.

Now I am searching aliexpress for 4k HDMI splitter that supports 4k HDR to move one HDMI output directly to the TV screen and second to the capture card =/

• It has to be written on the card HDCP2.2 and you will be good to go :)

My one works with HDR content, but i do not use HYPERhdr - I just dont see a point to force leds to work with HDR.

• Check this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

What the issue is, you are having a great TV that supports HDR and then you are not getting the picture as it should be, as the capture card is stripping the HDR data from the signal.

I will get a HDR capable passtrough splitter and send one signal directly to TV and another to the capture card. Anyway, the led colors will be probably off if you play HDR content on TV and not use HDR out (which the card doesnt have) for setting the same colors for the LEDs.

I am so pissed off that I havent check this before buying and have believed the YT streamer reviewing it.

It has to be written on the card HDCP2.2 and you will be good to go :)

No? HDCP is a copyright protection scheme (to support it you need to get asymetric encryption keys and sign bunch of agreements that force you not to send out unencrypted content to the next device) and has nothing to do with HDR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…igital_Content_Protection

• No? HDCP is a copyright protection scheme (to support it you need to get asymetric encryption keys and sign bunch of agreements that force you not to send out unencrypted content to the next device) and has nothing to do with HDR.

Good to know.

I was not even aware of fake cards... sorry for mislead then :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!