Desk setup beginner

• Hi,

I'm totally new to this project but I can't wait to start building my own build.

Before I can do this, I need some advice, I have a desk with 2 monitors, both connected to a docking station, one monitor has a hdmi switch so I can switch to my PS4.

I still have a RPi 3b+ laying around that I like to use and a 5m 30led per meter ws2812b, I was thinking of making 2 instances and controlling 1 monitor per instance. Found the information that this is possible by wiring the data cables of the strip to for example GPIO18 and GPIO10, so far so good.

Now I have 1 question left that I wasn't able to find a answer to, like I said, I have 2 monitors so 2 HDMI cables, should I buy 2 capture cards with loopback and can I connect them both via USB and will this work? Or is there a better solution?

I use an MacBook Pro in the docking, but the Hyperion app is not an options because I also like to use the ambilight while gaming on the PS4.

• Or is there a better solution?

you can use the Hyperion screen grabber from Sabaat on windeos PC>>> then you can grab the monitors separate and send them trough the LAN to the PI

Hyperion Screen Capture (Windows Grabber)
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers.
    sabaatworld.github.io

then for each monitor you create a instance and using a diffrent Hyperion server port

so

instance 1: PROTO BUFFER port 19445 (default port)

instance 2: PROTO BUFFER port 19446

for this setup you need a windows PC and LAN

goodluck!

• You cannot connect them via a USB port, so you will have to find an alternative solution. The most important thing is to find the best solution that will not affect your comfort while working. I used to have a lot of wires in my workplace, which infuriated me. So when I created a new workspace in my apartment, I tried to minimize the number of cables. I bought a desk has wireless charging, which is very convenient because I can charge any of my devices just by putting it on the desk.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!