Clarity on capture card

• Hi there,

I have a Bravia tv I want to setup Hyperion on via a raspberry pi 4. I use a lot of the native apps such as Netflix, Amazon video, bbc etc. am I right that I would need a capture card in order to circumvent the DRM protection ?

If yes to above - I see a lot of people using quite pricey capture cards. Can anyone recommend a base level capture card that will work well without spending crazy amounts.

• I right that I would need a capture card in order to circumvent the DRM protection ?

If yes to above - I see a lot of people using quite pricey capture cards. Can anyone recommend a base level capture card that will work well without spending crazy amounts.

first question; yes you need that to circumvent the protection, or go with the camera route>> camera pointed at tv screen

second: most capturing cards/devices can not cope ( quite good) with the HDCP protocol over HDMI >> thus will not work.

i used a good HDCP 2.1 splitter and connected to that a Rullz coffee 2.0 USB grabber >> raspi

that does the job nice.

total amount like 60 euro's

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!