Led strip 4-wire (R, G, B, and 12V pin), 5050, will it work?

• Hello everyone!

I have one useless LED strip at home. It has 4 pins to connect: R, G, B, and 12V. The chip is 5050. It is divided per 3 diodes, exactly as in the picture bellow. I know this can't be programmed diode by diode, like the APA102, but it would definitely find use anyway. Is it possible to connect to Hyperion? Could someone please guide me to a topic where this is being addressed? Which configuration, protocol ... to choose?

U56ede91a1a1141798a4a11090dc61fefh.jpg?size=165665&height=1000&width=1000&hash=abb66afd2120d779abd072a315d9afad

• Offizieller Beitrag
  • Thank you both for the tips!

So it seems that the way using the non-addressable LEDs isn't easy. Raspberry is a bit of an overkill for this, if you just want to illuminate the shelf, the bed, the closet, etc... I had in mind some Arduino things. Just to use a few such strips that would communicate with the Hyperion as a center. Is there any solution for that?

I didn't think it would be that complicated. Especially since similar strips have been used in PC cases, for example, I think.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!