WS2812b LEDs won't light up

• Hello everybody!

I have some trouble getting my LEDs to turn on.

I am using the latest firmware (downloaded today).

I am running a Pi3B+ with an USB CaptureCard and WS2812b LED-Strip. In total I've got 134 LEDs.

I have a 5V 12A PSU. I messured the Voltage on the LED-Strip and my cheap mulitmeter says it is 5.15V.

The pi an the LEDs share the PSU so they have a common GND.

My Hyperbian protocoll looks like this: Go to pastebin

I have changed the GPIO-Pin number in the settings several times and tried different pins. So I am pretty sure it's not an issue of having the wrong pin wired up. The video capturing works fine as well as I can view the live feed in the web configuration. I double check the postion of the first LED and swapped the direction without any success.

Unfortunatly I don't know how to test if the LEDs are working properly. In theory I could test it with an arduino (I guess?) but I lack a lot of knowledge in that space. (But they are newly bought).

I really hope some of you can help me get this running!

Greetings :)

-Sebastian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you take the Errors in the log more seriously… There is a reason why they are there:

(ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Hyperion must run with "root" privileges for this device. Current user is: "pi"'

To run Hyperion with root privileges (e.g. for WS281x) execute

`sudo updateHyperionUser -u root`

• Thanks for your quick answer. I got very overwhelmed looking at the log and I didn't see it at the time.

I executed sudo updateHyperionUser -u root. It seems to have worked.. kinda.

Only the first LED is on. I tried to search for other posts in the forum but for some reason everything I searched for give no search results?!

I looked in the logs. There was nothing labled (error).

Would you mind sharing a link to a post where this is discussed or tell me what I can do to solve this?

EDIT:

nvm. I works now. Had to switch the LED-Hardware off and on again in the dashboard.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!