5 ESP32, Rpi4, selfmade lamps

• Hello,

first i'd like to say thank you. This is one of the most awesome projects i read about :)

I built my Ambi-TV Setup 6 years ago, it was working well. But times change, i decided to rebuilt from scratch.

I already have Libreelec nightly on a Pi4 running, i use if for watching TV, videos and music. Basically for everything.

Watching german TV (1080i) is a quest, a deinterlacer is only working with the nightly, so this version is a must have for me.

No problem, Hyperion is running.

I pulled out all that analog Adaptor shit from 2015 and bought one of the MACROSILICON, ProdID=2109, that is running quite well.

No Splitter, i still have a 1080p TV and AVR. I use the 2nd HDMI Out. Nice, back then it was a jumble.

I bought, and that was not good, 5m WS2812b. They have a bluish cast :( I am still messing around with gamma, but its okay...

5 ESP32 are in use (1x ESP32CAM), WLED is installed. I wanted 2 lights on the top, and 2 next to the TV. I liked the HUE Lamps i saw at a friend, and wantet to build them myself. That was the point to change the whole setup.

The left one on the bottom was some kind of lantern. I took an empty bottle, wrapped 50 leds (the old LDP8808) and 1 esp32 around it, thats it.

The right one is a Box from the hardware store, took the other bottle and 50 leds (old LDP8808), and glued white transparent paper from the inside and on the back, so the backside shines to the wall :)

2x 60 led (WS2808b) on the top left and top right are simply glued on the shelf. On the back of the TV there are 197 leds WS2812b.

The cables for 3 instances (TV and 2x top) disappear in the wall, and end in a 5V 10A power adapter. The lamps are plugged in ac. I have another Rpi running FHEM on it. It shuts the power adapter down, if I turn off the TV or turn off the WLED instances by a click on remote button respectively send the turn off signal to the WLED-lamps.

In Hyperion, all instances are running in "colored" mode. The two on the shelf share the top of the screen 40:60. CPU Load is 20-25%. Grabber is running in YUYV 640x480/10. In my opinion its enough for 200 leds with smoothing on.

My camera is too bad, i thing you know the problem :) The colors are not as bad as the pictures suggest. But i simply wanted to share my experience and thx once again.

The project has developed very well.

• Bollean

Hat den Titel des Themas von „5 ESP32, Rpi4, selfmase lamps“ zu „5 ESP32, Rpi4, selfmade lamps“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!