LEDs not working

• Hey guys,

I don't know what to do and I really need your help.

I got the Pi zero 2w and when I connect the LEDs to GPIO 18, nothing happens. I tried with 2 different LEDs types ( WS2812 and SK6812) and nothing is working.

I tried connecting it to a different GPIO (19) but nothing works ( I can only change the GPIO under WS2812 strip).

Could it be a faulty pi?

any suggestions?

Hope you can help me :)

• as I said Pi zero 2w LED connected to GPIO 18 and the LED strip won't turn on, I checked the connection and just to see the LED is not faulty I connected it to Esp with WLED and everything works just fine, I don't know if its a software issue or hardware issue.

anything else that could help you?

• I tried on the following:

• HyperHDR 17.0.0.0 -> LED Data Pin on GPIO 18
    • HyperHDR 16.0.0.1 - >LED Data Pin on GPIO 18 and then GPIO 10
    • Hyperion 2.0.12 -> LED Data Pin on GPIO 10 and now I'm back to GPIO 18

While the Pi ist booting, the first 9 LED's a bright white. After some seconds of booting the 10th LED lights up in Green Color.

I tried different options in the LED Controller Section with sk6812spi and ws281x with no result.

While I can choose the GPIO Port in the ws281x options, I can only select the SPI Device in the sk6812spi options.

Unfortunately I can't test this setup on a different Pi as the Pi Zero 2 ist the only device I have here. Maybe the Pi Zero 2 has a different behavior compared to other Pi's? Are there some commands I can run to check, everything is working as is should?

My SK6812 Strip is powered independently from the Pi with a 20A/5V source.

UPDATE:

I followed the instruction in this link:

and set the pi user to root.

Now when I choose ws281x as LED Controller on GPIO 18 the whole Strip starts to flash like the crazy disco light even when I pause the HDMI source. Also the RGB Byte Order Wizard doesn't show a single color - all LED flashing in all colors. Tweaking around with the options fields results in flashing more or less LEDs on the stripe. Well at least the GPIO 18 Port shows some reactions, but it's still far away from working.

When I choose the LED Controller sk6812spi the Strip stops flashing. When I power cycle the Strip, again only the first 10 LED will light up in bright white.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von herrzettpunkt () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von herrzettpunkt mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• flash like the crazy disco light, no common ground.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• herrzettpunkt, the post you added was in german can you explain to me how did you solve it?

can someone please help me? I really don't know how to solve it. the LED won't respond or light up at GPIO 18

The OS is Hyperhdr v17

I tried the previous version and the regular Hyperion nothing work

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MrPresident () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by MrPresident into this post.

• I got my sk6812 only working under HyperBian. Last night i was trying to setup a HyperHDR instance as i use a HDR TV. I did exactly the same adjustment to HyperHDR but unfortunately i did not get it to work. My sk6812 strip wont light up at all. I will get it a next try maybe tonight.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!