No LED output over Raspberry Pi 4b (WS2812B)

• Hey, this problem probably got an answer already in another thread, but i cant seem to find anything, sorry for that!

So I set up my Raspberry Pi 4b with Hyperbian and got everything connected.

I gave root permissions to Hyperion, so that I can output to a WS2812B strip via Port 18 on the pi.

That sadly doesnt work though, and when I try to connect i get a debug-message saying:

[ LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

Any Idea on how I could fix this? I can't imagine, that its really not supported, since its an ordinary WS2812B strip and they're all the same... right?

Thanks for any answers in advance :)

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Here you go! thanks for the reply!

I was thinking about using an older Image of Hyperbian... do you think that might solve the problem?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Co! () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Co! into this post.

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry for the misstatement. Just see that 16 days ago the support for your RPi4 was added.I will update the library in Hyperion.You can then use the Nightly Version of Hyperion for testing tomorrow at the latest or wait for the next stable release (no date yet).

• Oh ok, thanks a lot!! The Pi has 2GB Ram.

So that means I need to wait for a release that supports Revision 1.5 for it to work, right?

Edit: ok, got it

• Ich muss mich ebenfalls bedanken.
    Habe heute den Raspi bekommen und alles testweise angeschlossen, ohne Ergebnis.

Habe dann den Thread hier gefunden und direkt mein HyperBian Image über Putty auf die Nightly gebracht.
    Und siehe da: es ward Licht!

Danke! Danke! Danke! <3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!