Constant led flicker with sk6812 strip

• Hello Team,

I would like to thank Lightning-guy77 help so far. I think I'm nearly complete. I'm using a SK6812 and I can run the hyperion setup perfectly when using it in ws281x (with GPIO18).

ws281x config -> https://pastebin.com/SayvtUAZ

However when trying this in SK6812spi config (changing to GPIO 10) the light strip flickers every 5-10 seconds. Even when I pause the screen on single frame it still flicks. I've tried to various Baudrate setting from 3000000 to 6000000 and the flicker is faster as the baudrate increases but does not go away.

SK6812spi config -> https://pastebin.com/TwjDBvUj

I'm ok continuing to use ws281x PWM with the RGBW mode. I don't know what I'm loosing not using the SK6812spi mode.

Thank you for advice ahead of time.

• jwieland

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Constant led flickr with sk6812 strip“ zu „Constant led flicker with sk6812 strip“ geändert.
  • Baudrate for this Stripe is 800 000.

Common ground connected?

regards pclin

• Yes - Common ground is wired.

Thank you for the spec sheet on the SK6812. I see the 800MHZ statement.

I've been enjoying light show using the ws281x config that I'm pretty content just leaving it where it is. It's a pain to take down the TV from the wall. Any reason I should move to using the SK6812 config. Does it matter?

• Measure how many volts arrive at the stripe, it should be between 4.9 and 5.1, some power supplies can be adjusted.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Just for interest:
    is there any advantage of the SK6812spi GPIO10 over the ws281x GPIO18?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!