Controlling LED Output via external switch

• Hi,

I have a fully working test bench setup of a RaspZero running the latest HyperBian. The setup consists of two instances with two LED strips that i control separately, GPIO 18 & 19.

Main instance for the static colour TV surround strip, 2nd for static colour under cabinet lighting.

N.B. i'm not using the TV capture function of this software, purely RGB lighting effects.

What would complete the project is the ability to leave the Pi running 24/7 and control the LED Output option in Hyperion via one or two external switches that would be placed by the cabinet, i know that i can control both instances by the PC, and that i can control only one via App.

So has anyone added switches, either Hard or Soft, to the GPIO pins to control Hyperion.

Many Thanks

Dan.

• If you just want to turn the lights on once in the evening and then off before bed you could also use a Smart Socket to switch the Raspberry Zero itself.
    I actually do it that way as I set the option to have a static light when no signal is coming in.
    So once the Raspberry started up, the static light turns on.

Samsung MU6279 55'' 4K curved | Yamaha RX-V383 4K | SkyQ 4K | FireTV-Stick 4K | Teufel Kompakt 30 5.1
    | |

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB Rev 1.5 | HyperBian Image updated to 2.0.13-beta.1+nightly202202135078688

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von A-Jey ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!