LED flickering when very dim

• Hey :)

I've got my setup running (Pi 4B, WS2812B, USB-recorder) and I'm positively impressed!

The only problem I have is that the Individual colors of the LEDs (so red, Green or Blue) are flickering very dimly when the Image is very dark and only has little color. The problem is that when the Signal is dark grey and has, for example, a really slight Red tint, the LED glows dimly red. That of courses is not very accurate to dark grey with a slight Red tint.

So my Question: is there a way to turn off the LEDs completely if they are under a certain brightness Level? I think that would solve the flickering when really dark colors are shown.

If not through Hyperion, maybe there's a way to set it in the WS2812B driver itself? I don't know if thats possible, not a programmer :D

• The Overall colors are great, it's just when they are very dim. When it's a lighter color it's very accurate.

The only way i could kind of "fix" it is by setting the backlight to 2%... But thats more of a workaround i suppose 8o

Thats an example of what I mean... The picture is very dark with a very slight Green tint and now only the Green Part of a few LEDs is lit slightly, Blue and Red is completely off...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!