Yeelight Smart LED Light Bulb W3(Multicolor) signals error: '(-5001) invalid params'

• Hello, I just got my Yeelights in today. I wanted to test them out as my Hues were having issues with low light scenes and turning green. I have the lights connected to my network, with revered IPs so they won't change, and everything works great in the app. The first issue I encountered was when setting them up; The wizard didn't work correctly. It would find the lights and the "identify" button worked, but it would not let me select any location settings. That was fine, I was going to manually edit the settings anyways. So I proceeded to add the lights manually and it worked for a bit. Success! They went dark the way I wanted them to, just needed to tune a few things. Got it the way I wanted and started playing content. Not too long after I noticed one of the lights was unresponsive. I power cycled the light, didn't help. Removed the lights and set them back up. Now neither of them work. I've rebooted, check that they are still connected to the network, they are. Checked that the app can still control them, it can. The app states they are in Music Flow. I assume that's what Hyperion uses to control them, like how Hue uses entertainment mode. When I toggle the LED Output from the dashboard it just reverts back to off. Below I have attached my log. Please let me know if there is any more information you need and thank you for the help!

Hyperion.NG Log.txt

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hey

We did some improvements for Yeelights, see here.

You can use the nightly builds to test, if it works for you.

The wizard didn't work correctly. It would find the lights and the "identify" button worked, but it would not let me select any location settings

That is currently intended. As there are many devices which will not work, we maintain a whitelist of models which W3 does not seem part of.

• Fantastic! Thank you! If i can't get it working with what I have, I'll look into getting supported hardware.

You can use the nightly builds to test, if it works for you.

One last question. I've installed with HyperBian. How would I go about getting the nightly build? Can I update to the beta or alpha channel or will I need to do something more involved; Like compile it myself or do a fresh install over Raspbian lite? If it's one of the former, could you point me in the direction of what I'll need to do so?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems we have an issue in the builds that SPI devices are not included.

I will have a look.

Thanks for highlighting!

Edit: Found the issue and fixed it.

• The nightly build of today includes the fix for SPI. Would you mind testing it again?

Sure thing. I just tried to run the update command via ssh but it didn't update so ill just reflash the card and start over.

Nope, not working yet. They are in the selector but don't function. I've attached two screenshots and a log file. I haven't tested the yeelights yet with these builds as if the SPI doesn't work there is no point lol

Hyperion log 7322.txt

• It was working fine all day; 8 hours with no issues, then they just stopped. Running into the same issues as before... They seem to be stuck in music flow. Looks like I'll just have to try one of the suppressed modules.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the nightly web IU is super slow and the whole system crashed once on me. I expect it to be unstable due to what it is but just wanted to inform you about it.

I've attached a log file if you want to take a look at it, but at this point, I don't think the hardware I have works with the system.

Hyperion log 8322.txt

• If Yeelights work, please ping me that I can check with you how they report themselves and I can whitelist the model.

Hey, I wasn't able to get the current W3 bulbs to work. So, I think I'm going to try an S1 but wanted to touch base with you before purchasing. After looking at the supported list and the associated Home Assistant site for information I think I found the correct one. it looks like the S1 is a color4. I was hoping you could take a look and confirm for me that this is in fact the correct bulb and it will work as intended without the issues I have with the W3s.

https://us.yeelight.com/shop/y…-led-light-bulb-1s-color/

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was hoping you could take a look and confirm for me that this is in fact the correct bulb

The S1 (color4) is a correct bulb. That is the same model, I have for testing myself.

will work as intended without the issues

That I cannot guarantee.

The Yeelights already did some grey-hair to me and they are not my favorites.

Just looking at the log you provided, there seems to be some networks issues.

In case your Wifi is not stable, you might run in the same issues (but that could be with other brands too).

You might want trying to disable "Switch-off, below minimum" just to see, if that stabilizes.

Edit: To add the W3 model to the whitelist, could you do me a favour and share with me how it reports itself?

In your browser goto the device configuration page and right click. Go to "Inspect".
    Now select "Network" and "WS".
    Refresh the page.
    Select Yeelight and start the wizard.
    On the Inspect section select "localhost" and look for "command":"leddevice-discover","info"
    Right click and copy the content for me.
    I am looking for the "model".

Here is a little picture which hopefully helps finding the right screen items...
    Thank you!

• In case your Wifi is not stable, you might run in the same issues (but that could be with other brands too).

I should have solid wifi. They are defending definitely not out of range. I'll do some local testing to see if I'm having any issues with it. I should probably hardware my Pi too.

You might want trying to disable "Switch-off, below minimum" just to see, if that stabilizes.

I'll give that a shot and let you know.

Edit: So I've switched this off. The lights seem to be connected without issue for the moment, however, in low light or black screens, the lights turn blue. This is what I was trying to remedy by moving away from the Hue Lights, except Hue turned green. I'm going to run these settings for a bit just to make sure they don't disconnect and have any network issues, but uniformly this will not work for me as when the screen goes black I want my lights to turn off too. I feel it pulls me out of the immersion if the lights stay one when the backlights turn off. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them or if the S1 doesn't do this id switch to them.

Thanks again for all your help with this. I really appreciate it.

Edit: To add the W3 model to the whitelist, could you do me a favour and share with me how it reports itself?

They are the colorb model

• Thank you. I whitelisted it....

glad I could help. It's the least I can do after all the help you've given me.

Recap for anyone having the same issue.

1. If you're having problems, try the nightly.
    2. Disable "Switch-off, below minimum". They won't be perfect, but they will at least stay connected and work. Mine turns blue instead, but they work. I have to enter the interface and enable the led device from the dashboard sometimes.
    3. Check the whitelist here before purchase to make sure your hardware is compatible.
    4. Here is the whitelist for the stable master branch
    5. These bulbs are confirmed to work

Good Luck!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von theovlit () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by theovlit into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!