How to update from 2.0.0-alpha.8

• Hi,

I am still using 2.0.0-alpha.8 I have installed the Hyperbian image on a raspi3b. The Update Button on the web interface is not working and so I am wondering how to update?

And if I can update I hope the setup will be still alive because I have 4 instances running and I dont want to start from the beginning.

So I would be very happy if someone can give my some help to do the update.

kind regards danny

• in Alpha 2.08 that didn't work yet,

so you have to save your config ( export Json file) and build the new software and use the old Json for the settings but NOT to implement it and import it.

So in a way you are building it again, but because you know all the settings it should be easy.

updating is not possible, you have to clean your SD card and start from a fresh installation, it will retract Hyperion 2.12 Alpha from Github which is the newest.

https://github.com/Hyperion-Project/HyperBian/releases

• Ok, thank you.

Is it possible to export all the instances?

How do I have to use the old configs, if I can not import them???

Maybe it will work in the near future with the update button?

Are there big benefits in version 2.12 to 2.08, or should I stay at 2.08 if everything is working???

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to export all the instances?

You need to export every instance one by one. i.e. four exports in your case.

Alternatively, you can save the configuration database and put that back in.
    That requires that you do it on the OS level.

Bbest might be that you start with a new SD-Card that you have still all configs available until you finally migrated.

• Zitat

Bbest might be that you start with a new SD-Card that you have still all configs available until you finally migrated.

Yes this was also my plan.

Can you tell my in wich directory I can find the config files?

Thank you for you help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you tell my in wich directory I can find the config files?

The configuration files are in the user's home directory of the user running hyperion.

Login as the user hyperion is running (normally pi, unless you run Hyperion under root).

Then the files are in the ".hyperion" direcotry

Do a

cd ~/.hyperion/

and you see two directories

xxx:~/.hyperion # ls

custom-effects db

copy both directories and content to the new installation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!