Screen Capture on Windows

• Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here, i hope you are all well!. I would like to ask a simple question regarding screen capture on windows.

I have installed Hyperion on Windows 10 on an Intel NUC that i use as my media center. Usually i consume content via plex or Kodi. I also have bought a NodeMCU that i have flashed with wled and ordered an individually addressable LED strip that is on the way. Intention is to use this for ambient lighting behind the TV without a capture card.

The question is about the performance of the Build-in QT capture method. Will there be a significant delay? Should i order a capture card as well?

If yes, is there a cheap but supported capture card recommendation?

Thank you very much and apologies if the question has been asked multiple times, unfortunately i didn't find a clear answer to the question while searching.

Thanks again

Kind Regards

michaelkrtikos

• Offizieller Beitrag

it should work good, just try it out...but using a grabber will not boost your performance...

• I guess you are right, i have to wait for my LEDs to arrive and test. I just asked the question here in case someone has such a setup because if there is latency, i would like to order a capture card the soonest possible as it takes a month for goods to arrive.

Maybe another question in the meantime, i have seen there is a dedicated windows screen cap grabber available. What is the difference with the QT method? Better, worse, same?

Thanks again

• Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I am from Poland and my english language is poor.

I have a problem with ambilight hyperion.

After install and configured everything is working.

I just run capture desktop from wifi. When I run youtube, its working great. Amazing!!

But after run every movie from HBOMAX and hit full screen, my problem appears. Everything is goes out.

I use WLED, My windows is in version 11.

I use ESP.

Screen capture devices - DX

Blackbar detector activate (here I tried to play with these settings but it didn't help)

Had someone similiar problem? Maybe it's hardware problem with my laptop.

Any idea's

Thank you everyone for help

Thanks

Regards,

Pawel Angel

• It is probably because the content is DRM protected.

Use your browser and search for HBOMAX DRM

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Thank you pclin for reply :)

I had just researched it in Google about DRM and I found solution here:

How can i remove The DRM on Hbo Max
    I've been trying to do Web Dls of episodes of show in Hbo Max is there a way to do a proper Web DL
    www.reddit.com

It's look like, I must download software (example audials) or download python script 'that makes downloading the encrypted streams, decrypting and muxing easier'. It's not for me

I would like have add-ons for chrome or something, where I can watch movie online with working hyperion.

I didn't see the solution.

I'm slowly starting to doubt whether it will be possible to solve it in this way and probably I will must to buy raspberry pi and grabber :(

• I had just researched it in Google about DRM and I found solution here:

To remove the DRM you can use Widevine L3 Guesser. There's also a modified version of the extension with a python script that makes downloading the encrypted streams, decrypting and muxing easier. Alternatively you could StreamFab in a VM. That downloads the stream, decrypts, muxes the files, and includes metadata. The trial limit can be bypassed using checkpoints. Other HBO Max downloaders, like Audials, just screen record.

reading that, i think thats only to par for ICT giants or somebody thats into coding/muxing and decrypting.

For Hyperion screen grabber app on Android its the same problem. Works great, but when starting up Amazon Prime video/Netflix then the app detects DRM content and puts out black screen.

its :( but not much you can do about that.

you can evade the whole HDMI or screen grabber route and evade the HDCP/DRM problems.

Point a (web)camera to your screen and connect it to USB port, Hyperion sees this as camera1 ( you have a little lag..)

i've done this myself with good results, i would give it a 7 ( out of 10) and pointed a security cam with 11mm lens on it to capture my 4k tv 65"

bare in mind you have to set the resolution and FPS very low.

maybe soon if i have the time i make a video about my setup at the house, and show the

-HDMI route

-Hyperion screen grabber route

-camera route

- HUE lights

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!