LEDs not bright enough (SK8612)

• Hello, everyone,

Hier auf deutsch

After a lot of research (most of the information came from this great forum) I ordered everything for my setup and today I put it into operation for the first time. Just testing on a Philips Ambilight TV before I buy the LG B1 to use PicCap.

Overall I'm satisfied. Surprisingly, everything worked right away. I use a Raspberry Pie and the SK8612 30/m. Power comes from a 50 watt 10A power supply.

Unfortunately, the brightness or the lack of brightness bothers me a bit. Everything is very dark. I've already tried all possible settings in the webapp. If I lower the gamma it gets a bit brighter but also fainter. If I turn on the backlight it gets much better, but then of course I also have light with a black picture and I don't want that.

This is how it currently looks:

Here as a reference how it looks with the real Ambilight TV:

These are my settings at the moment:

What surprises me: with the SK6812spi, the brightness is not very bright with a pure white picture. Its ok, but not very bright. Power Consumption approx. 9 watts.

However, when I set WS2812spi, colors no longer work, but the light that comes from LEDs is extremely bright and the power consumption is 18 watts. So they seem to be going brighter somehow.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

Thanks very much :)

• Arstidir

Hat den Titel des Themas von „LEDs nicht hell genug (SK8612)“ zu „LEDs not bright enough (SK8612)“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!