Swap Raspberry Pi's?

• I have a Hyperbian installation on a Raspberry Pi 2, but one of my Raspberry Pi 3's just became available. Can I simply take the micro SD card out the Pi 2 and put it in the Pi 3 or do I need to do anything special to get that same Hyperbian installation booted and running successfully intact in the Pi 3?

• or do I need to do anything special to get that same Hyperbian installation booted and running successfully intact in the Pi 3?

probably it will work, just increase ARM settings in config.txt 

you can't do any harm with trying, the Pi is only hardware.

look at the leds in the housing of the PI >> if red led is activated and stay activated on PI3 then it can't boot from SD card.

come back here then and we will find a sollution

i have succesfully swapped SD cards from PI3 to PI3b and vice versa, most of the time it will work

• Why not doing a test yourself, find out and report about it?

you can't do any harm with trying, the Pi is only hardware.

Worked without a hitch. I didn't change anything in config.txt as I didn't want the Pi potentially generating any additional heat - it's in a basic Pi case and mounted a cm or two from the wall due to the low profile TV mounting bracket.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!