LED Strip strange behaviour

• Hello everyone,

I'm working on Hyperion project for my TV. I've watched quite few youtube tutorials but ended up following this one. I did modify it tho so that may or may not be the problem. I have little to no experience in such projects so I might not explain it very well.

So, my setup includes:

• Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
    • Around WS28212B LEDs
    • Some cheap Rullz 4K 60Hz HDMI capture card
    • 5V / 18A Power supply

So what I've done is basically install HyperBian to 8GB SD card, configured it (not without issues, as Raspberry Pi didn't turn on for couple hours) and connected everything.

I was hoping that my power supply will be able to power all the devices, so for now I have Pi and LEDs connected to it.

Now my problem is that LEDs do not react to Hyperion at all.

Some strange behaviours are occuring tho.

As soon as I power on the power supply first LED lights up to bright white. Actually on many LEDs i can see light on all channels, very dim but they are on. When I cut the power LED strip blinks red for a second and goes black. So I assume LEDs do work.

I though that maybe its a problem with data connection so I tested it and Electric meter shows that signal gets from Pi to LED strip. Voltage is correct as I tested it also.

Another, even weirder behavior is when I plug my HDMI card via USB > Micro Usb to Pi.

So as I was testing everything I could think of I unplugged LEDs from power supply, leaving only ground and data connection to Pi (directly to GPIO not to the power supply). I power HDMI card via some old charger, and suddenly all od LEDs lit up bright red. I don't understand it at all.

I don't know where the problem is. I think everything is connected correctly as I've reviewed it multiple times. Also after testing some wires I did some soldering (GPIO, w/o GPIO to Pi directly, to LEDs). Nothing seem to change. Oh, I also tested another part of LED strip (already cut it before doing anything) and results are the same.

This may very well be a software problem but I've checked HyperBian and everything seems to be set up as its supposed to be. I did not connect everything, meaning I did not plug any source to HDMI card so maybe that is a problem, I will be testing that layter today as I'll get some additional cables. But I don't think that's it, there is no turn on animation and it should be there.

I'll be happy to clarify anything and I hope you guys can help me :)

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    Code
    sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Trecker

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!