I can't connect to my arduino on Manjaro Linux using Hyperion-ng SNAP.

• Hi all, i've been using Hyperion for a while now, at first on Windows, then on Ubuntu and i recently switched to Manjaro.

I use a pc to run my tv since its not a smart one, so i use native Hyperion to scan the image and send the colors to an Arduino using an Adalight code. So no capture hardware, only an Arduino as an output.

- On Windows, in the led output settings, i just choose Adalight, select a COM port and it works.
    - On ubuntu, after installing Hyperion, i need to open the Arduino IDE once, it asks for some persmissions, and then in the led output section of Hyperion, i choose ttyUSB0 and it works.
    All good for both of them.

- On Manjaro, I need to install the SNAP version of Hyperion-ng, since the one from AUR repository does not work, it installs but there is nothing in the apps launcher.
    So, having the SNAP version installed, I can grab the screen image and have Hyperion read it. It only works on X11, but it's no big deal.

My problem is: I can't select the ttyUSB0 device from the led output menu, there is nothing to select.
    I have confirmed that it's detected by the pc, it's part of the group uucp, i added myself to that group.
    It seems like the SNAP version of Hyperion can't scan the usb ports or something like that, i know my arduino works and it works in the Arduino IDE software (also SNAP).

Can someone help me fix this issue? I would really like to stay on Manjaro and not go back to ubuntu only for that issue.
    Either help me detect the ttyUSB0 devices or figure out why the regular Hyperion does not install correctly.
    I would really appreciate it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Gab1288

a) Can you do an

Code
    ls -ltr /dev/*

before attaching the adalight device and another time after you have connected it and share the results?

b) You can test, if teh user running Hyperion has the right permissions. Just do a

Code
    echo Hello > /dev/ttyUSB0

Replace ttyUSB0 with the name you found out in a).
    Note: Execute the command with the same user hyperiond is running with.

c) In case the OS does not present the vendor-identifiert to Hyperion (i.e. vendor identifier is empty),

Hyperion 2.12 does not show the device.
    This has be fixed in the latest development version.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!