How to offset leds strip start position?

• I have an led strip that is longer than my tv by 32 leds (16 leds each side).. I've reduced the size of the leds but I now need to offset the start position by 16 leds so the light effect aligns with the tv. How can I offset the start position?

• lsaadeh

Hat den Titel des Themas von „How to offset start position leds?“ zu „How to offset leds strip start position?“ geändert.
  • i am not getting the grasp really why you want to cut BOTH ends, it means that you have to solder the ends 2x again??

note: over 200 leds its better to power the strip from beginning AND end

anyway, what you can do > go to your browser aka : 192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090 ( or every other IP range)

second, if you resized the ledstrip to your tv and cutoff the 16 leds than the first physical led from the cut is still one.

you can alter it with setting "input position" so the leds and image wil aligne.

• Hey Lightning-guy77, for my current set up I only have 1 led strip (108 leds) that runs along the back of my tv stand (not on the back of my tv) which I use for static ambient light when I'm not using them for hyperion and they are used to simulate the bottom leds in hyperion. my tv stand is longer than my tv and the strip overlaps the tv on either side by 16 leds. So I have set my bottom in Hyperion to be 76 leds BUT I need to offset the start position to be 16 leds so that it displays the effects of the leds in the middle of the strip to be in line with the tv, using the full 108 leds cause the effect to be to wide and misaligned with the tv on either ends. I would like to configure the first 16 and last 16 leds to not be used and push the effects to the middle of the strip if that makes more sense.

No description available.

as you can see in the photo.. if I can offset the first led 16 leds to the left it will align with my tv and the length of actives leds will be correct to the size of the tv

• blacklisting the leds seems to play the light effects over the same amount of leds but just seems to cut or blacken out the leds selected. what I'm trying to accomplish is have the length of the led effects shortened to span over the middle 76 leds if that makes sense. blacklisting the first and last 16 leds still causes the lighting effects to be misaligned with the tv.

Looks like the feature doesn't exist but someone found a hacky way to make it happen https://github.com/hyperion-pr…41#issuecomment-761579372.. this should be a feature imo.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lsaadeh () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by lsaadeh into this post.

• okay now i know what you mean.

you have to start the first programmed led at physical led17?.

physically the first led connected on the strip to data is also LED 1 in programming.

if you want to change this then u use input position option,

the only thing this does is to refer to the first programmed LED but not the physical LED, the physical LED is stil there ( first 16 of them) and they go behind in the counting of the program, so become the end led's.

the blacklist option is the best thing to achieve that you only want to use some particular part of the strip!

but then YES, the led effect will not lid the blacklisted led's and only start at led 17 and END" at led 114

the only thing you can do:

Hyperion doesn't know how much led's there are physically, it only knows because you tell the program the hardware ledcount.

you can try to increase the hardware ledcount by 32 and then still blacklist the leds you don't want and use the input position on led 17

try that, i have no more idea's to share.

Looks like the feature doesn't exist but someone found a hacky way to make it happen

so use this trick, alter the Json file and OFFset the first led by 16.

then shorten the total physical led count by 16 > 114 in total then ( empty/0 led's is also counted as leds in the program. )

this way you don't have to blacklist led's or make a gap. :)

and update us !

starts at led 17 now.

good luck!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• so I applied the workaround and added the amount of offset pixel I need and it's working very well now. only wish there was an offset option in the ui to apply this workaround without needing to go in the json file :)

No description available.

• so I applied the workaround and added the amount of offset pixel I need and it's working very well now

i did this also to test, and the link at Github is just the same than blacklist led's in the configurator.

i compare the Json outcome from either of them and resulted the same. > Hyperion 2.012

can you share your ledconfig from the webpage and Json? it helps otherss that are struggling with this.

• Create a layout for 76 LEDs and copy the layout.

Now create a layout for 108 LEDs and blacklist the first 16 and last 16.

Now insert your copied layout from 17 into the 108 layout so that the blacklisted LEDs remain at the beginning and end.

save, done.

regards pclin

EDIT:

You can also simply create a 108 layout and copy and save my created layout. ;)

• i did this also to test, and the link at Github is just the same than blacklist led's in the configurator.

i compare the Json outcome from either of them and resulted the same. > Hyperion 2.012

can you share your ledconfig from the webpage and Json? it helps otherss that are struggling with this.

I just did a comparison on the blacklist version vs the version I created by manually adding off leds.

Most the differences are with these values which is why I think I'm able to achieve the desired effect:

I've uploaded the configuration which works for me.. the leds used have been tweaked to get a better alignment for my situation. I'm now using 80 leds in the middle and deactivating 14 leds on either side.

• super guys. I notice I am much more in hardware than software troubleshooting :) 😀

I was already thinking about making 2 or more instances.

And then adding 2 or more extra soldered dataline inputs starting at led 17

And then connected to different GPIO

Each GPIO different instance....

But this works also 👌 ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!