pi4 comms with arduino uno to Ws2812b LEDs

• I've built a webcam to Pi4 to arduino uno to WS28912b LEDS

the sketch on the arduino UNO seems very standard, i can paste the code later if you want to see it

i have got the void setup to flash 'my' sequence of lights so i know when it has 'started'

hyperian 2.0.12 reconises the webcam and the led layout, shows a nice live preview,

it also sees the adalight led contoller as usb0 of the arduino UMO baud 500000, same baud as the code

BUTU i am unsure if it ever gets to the arduino

dashboard says status = on, and when i switch LED off then on, i get my light sequence, so it runs the void setup ok

but unsure if it gets to the arduino

i have though there is only the green data wire from the arduino - do i need to connect a ground on the arduiino to... the ground on the light strip too?

i DO have a hyperian boot effect activated, (effect/led test/150000) but that doesnt show anywhere

any help appreciated

Porridge2215

Void setup is:

and main loop is straight after

• hard day, but decided to install a standard pi operating system:

Introducing Raspberry Pi Imager, our new imaging utility - Raspberry Pi
    Flash Raspbian to your SD card with the Raspberry Pi Imager, our brand new imaging utility. Download it free today!
    www.raspberrypi.com

and install the app manually:

Hyperion-Project Repository

also got the latest sketch from :

hyperion.ng/adalight.ino at master · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation - hyperion.ng/adalight.ino at master · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    github.com

changing the ino file was easy for 260 LEDs and the stripe type that i am using. analogue code seems scary but didnt have to delete any code at all, as there are a lot of "if total_leds = 1 then use analoge code else digital code", Very well made

and all worked straight away

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!