Losing HDR Video with Apple TV & Nvidia Shield

• Hello all,

I've had my HyperHDR setup with my RPI 400 for a while now. My TV is a Hisense U7G and it supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. I am running both an Apple TV and Nvidia Shield through my Anthem Receiver which outputs video through a Foscomax Converter Streaming Recording Conference . I have tried running my HDMI cable through both a 4 Way HDMI Splitter, my Anthem's double mirror HDMI output and through the capture cards HDMI passthrough, but I lose HDR auto switching and 4.4.4 through both the Apple TV and Nvidia Shield, as well as Dolby Vision.

I was wondering if I am using wrong equipment here or if there is something I need to enable to ensure that HDR content is passed through from my Receiver to the TV.

I am under the assumption that both the ATV and shield see the 1080p signal from the capture card and don't detect HDR as a result. I do still see 4K video through on my TV however.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• This is the forum for Hyperion, please ask your questions where the fork came from.

But I suspect that the Foscomax is the problem. Set your devices to 4:2:0. and first only test the splitter, if it works then the Foscomax etc.

DolbyVision will not work with the LED's, they will glow purple.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Thank you for your response.

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum. I also suspected that the capture card is the culprit as I can pass DV and 4:4:4 through the splitter alone. What capture card would you recommend that would work best for capturing/passing through 4:4:4 and the auto-switching functionality.

I am fine giving up DV as long as I can get the HDR10 auto-switching functionality to work.

• TPmodding

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!