Hyperion will not auto-start anymore after update

• TV was broken so I didn't use Hyperion for several months. Now we got the TV working, I updated Hyperion and it doesn't auto-start anymore.

I checked in the docs in the "install", "configuration" and "advanced" sections but there isn't anything about how to set up auto-start. I don't remember if hyperion was supposed to start automatically, or we are supposed to run it manually? Docs don't mention how to launch hyperion either.. tried running `hyperiond` and it launches, I can access the Web UI but none of my settings are there so I think the version I was using before (2.0.0 alpha) might have worked differently?

Tried rebooting multiple times BTW so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks!

• When installing Hyperion, a systemd service is installed and enabled.

With systemctl status hyperion@username you can see the status and whether the service is enabled.

systemctl start hyperion@username starts the service once.

Are there any messages in the hyperion debug log?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I made a howto for it to activate. The older versions didn't autostart so you needed a script for it.

I found a workaround that works to implement that script into Hyperion

auto startup of Hyperion.NG

Now we come to the automated execution (service) of Hyperion.NG.

The following command (under Putty) creates a new file called hyperion.service under /lib/systemd/system/

Code:

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/hyperion.service

... and insert the following content into it.

[Unit]

Description=Hyperion ambient light systemd service

After=network.target

[Service]

ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/hyperiond

WorkingDirectory=/usr/local/share/hyperion/bin

User=pi

TimeoutStopSec=2

KillMode=mixed

Restart=on-failure=on

RestartSec=2

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

don't forget to save (Ctrl + o and enter) and exit (Ctrl + x) from nano.

Finally, restart the systemd service and enable/start the Hyperion.NG service.

Code:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl enable hyperion.service

sudo systemctl start hyperion.service

goodluck!

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Thanks guys,

I'm quite lost actually.. I tried to find log files in `/var/log`, in `/usr/share/hyperion` but I see nothing. Tried to find "hyperion*.log" also, but nothing.

I tried to find an existing service `hyperion.service` and `hyperiond.service` to see if I would get any clues but I can't find any.

I would use your custom autostart service but I don't want to have the same problem every time there is an upgrade. No idea why it got deleted in the first place but I shouldn't have updated Hyperion :(

I think I would rather uninstall completely and re-install from scratch, hopefully the service will be created and future updates should not break the service? However it took a long time to set up all my LEDs so I would like to avoid doing all that again, and I don't know what config my previous installation was using, where they usually are, etc. I found the folders "db" and "custom-effects" in `/home/pi/.hyperion`, is that the LED config? I thought it was supposed to be in a json file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!