Setup wiring/schematics for building of HDMI 4k tv route and/or 1080p route trough receiver >>> Hyperion

• hello Guys of hyperion.

Let me start by explaining this topic,

I made a sollution for normal 1080P receivers and 4k HDMI/TV to "connect" them together and still have all the functionality of CEC/ARC/E_ARC/HDCP2.2 / Dolby/ Dolby + and so on, for every source now i have the HDMI HDCP2.2 to Ambilight!

I am very happy with this because now i can use my old receiver and new hardware together without having to switch HDMI cables when i want to use my receiver HDMI inputs, for example watching Bluray on 1080P or playing my vintage Sega Megadrive with ambilight, using google chromecast or even wireless HDMI from my desktop PC . 8|8o

I used some equipment to make this happen, let me explain what hardware i use for this.

-Nvidia Shield PRO

-4K splitter to 4K/1080P ( Xolorspace) DHCP2.2

-4K audio extractor ( aliexpress)

-Onkyo 6 HDMI inputs and two outputs 1080P HDMI receiver ( but no HDCP!! they didn't invented that yet in 2009 :)

- only high quality HDMI 2.1 cables

- 4K Samsung tv, 2 HDMI ports used,

HDMI-1 main,

HDMI-2 E-ARC channel + 1080P

i connected everything together,

• the output1 of my receiver is connected to HDMI port 2 on 4K tv
    • the output2 of my receiver is connected to HDMI port 1 on 4K tv
    • the HDMI output of 4K audio extractor ( 720p black image) goes to input 4 of Onkyo Receiver
    • the HDMI output of 4k splitter ( 1080P) goes to input 6 of Onkyo receiver

i hope this helps someone who is struggling with Hyperion connected to old and new hardware!

And for every HDMI source having Ambilight available without the problems of missing

CEC/E-ARC/ARC/HDCP and so on

questions?? shoot!

note:

if you want to have the E-ARC audio signals ( Enhanced audio return channel) from the 4ktv and connect it to your 1080P receiver.... then you have to connect the ARC HDMI port of your tv on the HDMI OUT port of your receiver.

most of times HDMI ports of TV's states the implements of E-ARC or ARC build within the HDMI port, RTFM! :thumbup:

i programmed the two HDMI ports out on the receiver as HDMI Both out and HDMI signals goes trough. ( no altering of signals)

Hyperion works with no trouble connected to HDMI port OUT 2 :whistling:

note2:

of course you still have to switch between HDMI port 1 and 2 to see the desired content on your 4k TV , you can do that on remote of TV

example, if i want the receiver inputs i switch on TV to HDMI port 2 and use receiver HDMI channel selector

if i want the Nvidia Shield PRO with Youtube/Netflix etc then i switch tv to HDMI port 1

• what happens in a nutshell:

the 1080P HDMI sources goes all to my receiver, so every source ( except the 4k-tv) is connected to the HDMI IN on the back, in total there are 6 channels IN.

2 HDMI ports are for HDMI OUT

port 1 goes to HDMI port 1 of tv ( menu receiver/ HDMI port for 1080P content)

port 2 goes to HDMI LOOP device IN, out is connected with USB to the Raspberry.

this setup i made is very multifunctional, because the receiver switches the HDMI i have now my hyperion on every channel

• Onkyo TX-NR1007 has HDMI 1.3a and cannot do ARC and certainly not eARC. ;)

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Why a Loop Out Grabber?

A normal grabber directly to HDMI Out 2 from the receiver is sufficient.

Which audio extractor are you using?

Is that something like that

Feintech 4K 120Hz

VAX01202 HDMI eARC Audio Extractor & Splitter

VAX01202 HDMI eARC Audio Extractor & Splitter - FeinTech
    Bei Anschluss an einen modernen Fernseher mit HDMI eARC werden alle Audiosignale per HDMI an Ihr Soundsystem übertragen. Ein AV-Receiver mit HDMI 1.3 Eingang…
    feintech.eu

If you were using a device like the FeinTech, the Xolorspace would not be necessary.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Onkyo TX-NR1007 has HDMI 1.3a and cannot do ARC and certainly not eARC. ;)

I know thats why i connected the audio extractor to HDMI port 2 on the tv (E-arc )

Also only works when connected to HDMI Out of the receiver

Why a Loop Out Grabber?

A normal grabber directly to HDMI Out 2 from the receiver

I am not using the LOOP feature, its connected ro HDMI port 1 out of the receiver.

This is the only way I could connect the 4k tv to my 2009 Onkyo 1080p and still have Hyperion.NG on al 6 channes.

So believe me it works ;)

the Xolorspace would not be necessary.

I started with that one and a analog grabber so i sticked with it and increase the Installation

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Which audio extractor?

I believe you it works. ;)

I only see hardware that would not be needed and it would be cheaper.

And every additional device in the signal path only worsens the result and can cause problems.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Are you using CEC in the setup?

If so, what is switched with CEC?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Which audio extractor?

From Ali express i look up yhe type (sold out, item not available anymore >>> it's something like the Feintech audio extractor

Yes everything is CEC switched.

so Nvidia shield is operating TV and Receiver, also TV is Operating receiver

CEC Is very strong 💪

note: I only did this because of my 1080p receiver, with 4k receiver I am going to do it way differently

• there's going to be a update here from my changed setup that works way better 🙌

I ditched the HDMI audio ARC extractor completely.

Instead I used a 4K 2way splitter on Monitor out1 only, powered trough Nvidia shield 🛡

Splits into:

1. HDMI (ARC) port 2 of tv
    2. LOOP HDMI grabber to Hyperion

With this new development 👌 🙌 no more blackouts or audio fail on receiver.

Also when I bootup the Raspi/Hyperion (video comes later) then it will start the capturing automatically

Turns out while the txnr1007 is capable of having 2 monitor OUT and I set it to MAIN HDMI on both channels it still didn't like when I watched TV but WITHOUT stream being used to Hyperion

With this new setup these problems are gone

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!