controlling brightness via Home Assistant integration

• another day another issue

as mentioned before i have set up hyperion as my exclusive "driver" for all my living room lights. When hyperion is not doing its magic putting the TV image to the lights i use the Home Assistant integration to control the lamps.

this works all fine and well. The lamps show up, i can turn them on and off and with the color picker/wheel of HA's own hyperion integration i can change colors.

The problem is: all of that only works at 100% brightness. The way home assistant handles the integration/color picker is via a RGB color wheel PLUS a brightness slider. Now while the color wheel works just fine to change color the brightness slider does nothing -- obviously because this is not how hyperion handles brightness wanting absolute RGB values

there used to be a different color picker in Home Assistant that would solve this issue for me (see screenshots) but the new color picker does not have white/black values.

long story short: does anyone have an idea how to add brightness controls to the Home Assistant hyperion integration? Either by bringing back the old color picker or some other elegant voodoo magic?

screenshots (not mine)

(old color picker)

b26c77f15e3e840dc5572702bf15f5e4ccf488c3.png

(new color wheel)

0daa7f816211fe49a72815d934b77d3985190825.png

thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!