Flickering and Lag while Screencapture

• Hey folks,

i need your help, i am completely out of ideas.

Running effects like fire and rainbow swirl are working perfectly fine.

My problems are with screencapture:

1. 0.5 second delay between the screen switching and the LED reacting.

2. cant set anything else then

640x480 30fps with 8 time screen reduction before the LED go wild (random or complete dropouts / random color patterns)

3. flickering on darker colors

What i found out so far:

I can set the capture to fullHD and the preview image is just fine (with some lag) but the led turn out completly. How ever it is slightly broken and flickery on 640*480.

Neither turning of smoothing and/or turning down the refreshtime work in fighting the delay.

The LED part in the preview image is flashing pretty wild around the preview image.

-------

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is it possible that the raspberry is simply overwhelmed?

I dont see any usage spikes in htop.

The LED of my capture card is blinking yellowish/red but i havent founs out wether thats just a sign for capture or an error code.

I hope someone has an idea for me, i spend the last 12 hours building the hardwere and trying to figure this out.

My setup:

Raspberry 4b

Close to 5 meters - 270led Sk6812 on gpio 10

2*10 Amps powersupplies (2 LED segments with ground and data connected )

Set and controlled spidev.bufsiz=1024000

dtparam=audio=off

Baudrate is 5900000.

Ezcap capture card (i think its the 269) with updated firmware

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • I googIed around for a while and i guess, i will get myself an esp32 to get the led controll load of the raspi.

I'll update this thread when i am done.

Happy to try out any tips in the meanwhile.

• Zitat von Schmadin

The LED part in the preview image is flashing pretty wild around the preview image.

The LED of my capture card is blinking yellowish/red but i havent founs out wether thats just a sign for capture or an error code.

That's not normal. Test the card on PC!

How is everything connected?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Tested the card on PC with VLC.

The image quality is kind of crappy and somewhat laggy but it seems quiet and stable with still images.

It gave 640x480 as well as 1080p.

The flashing LED on the capture card seems to be the recording sign, could reproduce it with VLC just fine.

I'll get another capturecard (without loop) on wednesday to test before going into the ESP32 build.

Connections:

HDMI:

My inputs (PC,Switch, Apple TV - ranging from 1080p to 4k) run through my Onkio and into an feintech vsp01201 splitter tested both copy and mixed mode to the same results.

For testing purposes i ditched the splitter and used the loop of the capturecard to connect my tv.
    Didnt change anything with the LEDs but it stopped some features of the apple tv from working properly.

LED Hardware:

LEDs are Split into to equally long parts (135LEDs bottom and right + 135 top left) each with own 10 amp powersupply. Used some round plugs for easier disconnecting the cables.

Ground is connected from Raspberry (not sure which ground pin atm) to both LED stripes and between both LED stripes. (also connected via 2 pin plug for ground and data).

Data is connected on gpio 10 to first led segment and from there to segment two via cable (i guess cable pi to LED is 60-70cm long).

Additional info:

Static colors are perfectly fine across all shades and brightnesses.

Tested the basic LED effects like swirl and so on (all still working perfectly fine and smooth) and noticed, that the "flashing" of the LED in the preview image happens on effects too.

Seems like i simply misread the preview screen, seems to be a wanted animation and also occurs on "file" as LED hardware.

(i marked the area on screenshot just to be sure ?( )

bonus question:
    Since my raspberry is lan bound and next to the tv, would it be possible to direct connect it to the esp32/wled without going the extra step to the router and back? Just curious.

• Tested the new grabber today and it seems to work a lot better.
    I finally can change the resolution of the capture without the LED going totally nuts on me, so i guess the old one (or its usb cable) is done for.

Still have considerable lag (guessing like half a second to a second)
    Turned of image processing and so on.

I will continue with my plan to switch to the ESP32 wled version now.
    Controller is ready to go and i just got my levelshift.

Gonna do some cadwork first, to build myself some casing with my printer, but once thats done, i'll wire it up and give it a go .

• update:

Got the esp32 with wled working.

Works perfectly and lagfree with my windows machine.

Doesnt work with my raspi at all.

Both capture cards produce close to a second lag and flickering on the leds.

Guess its hardware shopping time.

Could someone recommend me some proven to work hardware for streaming to wled?

Greetings and thanks in advance

• Schmadin

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!