Help with power supply

• Hi, I bought an ALITOVE Transformer Converter 5 5x2 1mm 100V 240V (15A and 75W) and I ran the sk6812 5m LEDs for a few minutes. The female barrel connect ran extremely hot, and when I grabbed the connector, the LED turn off and back on for about 10 seconds until it finally died. I tried reconnecting, but I think the LEDs are dead for good. So I have to suck it up, and order another strip of LEDs. I guessing I should remove from the other end instead😳. I read some review talking about how it was not a 15A, or that the barrel connector could not handle 15A. Should I buy a different barrel connector? Or should I just outright buy a different power supply?

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • measure the polarity of the PSU, voltage has to be max 5.3 volts in case of 5 volt ledstrips.

Don't use barrel connector, they cause alot of resistance with high currents. Just use Wago's to connect the wires or solder the joints.

Did you power the ledstrip + and - from BOTH sides? It's recommended 👌 if ledstrip is one piece and has more pixel (leds) than 200

• Cool. I’ll look for a multimeter and the Wago connector (wasn’t planning on the build to get this expensive 😂).

I forgot to mention that when I was testing the LEDs, I forgot that the 5m of LED is 90W, and the power supply can only handle at 75W. Although I am not entirely sure, I think that might have something to do with it since the power supply was at full load for ~5 minutes.

Also, the strips can be cut, and I will, but I’ll definitely buy another power supply for the other end just in case. 👍

• 300 x 49mA max. 15A

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!