Help Needed - Hyperion Android Grabber video chopped

• Hello everyone,

I would like advice on the Hyperion Android Grabber settings as my video seems to be loosing frames (please check the video below).

My Setup is the following:

Hyperion is installed on a NUC and the LEDs are controlled via a NodeMCU with WLED.

For Grabber, i use the Hyperion Android Grabber which is installed on my Android TV Box.

Both devices (the nuc and the android TV box) are connected via ethernet cable.

The issue i face, is that i don't have a smooth lighting on the LEDs even if smoothing is enabled. It seems during screen capturing it is loosing frames. Please check below video to see it's performance:

Video

Here is also a screenshot of the settings in Hyperion Android Grabber:

The priority is set to 100 so it will come first and for the capture rate, i selected just 10 fps. Is my configuration wrong? Is there anyone that have similar setup that can share with me the best settings?

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

M

• 10 FPS is too low you need at least 25 FPS for smooth image

it's not loosing frames, your FPS from the source (app) is not high enough

turn it up to at least 30 FPS and see the difference, depending on your LAN connection you can run 60 FPS easy over a Gigabit network

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply! Actually i did try to change the FPS to 30 and to 60 but something strange is happening. The first time i make the change, i have a smooth image. If i leave it for a couple of hours and then try to watch a movie again it comes chopped again even on that FPS.

My LAN is Gigabit and both the TV box and the NUC that hyperion is installed are connected via LAN.

I know that it is not a Hyperion problem because the QT Grabber works correctly. I am kind of having the impression that since the grabber was not updated for so long time, it may not fully support Android 10 (this is the version my TV box has).

I think that the best way is to really order an HDMI splitter and capture card.

I was looking at the following:

Capture Card

HDMI Splitter

any opinions?

My Nuc does not have USB 3.0 (it is an older one) but it's nowdays difficult to find USB 2.0. Also my TV is just 1080p so hopefully it will work.

• regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I used PROTO buffer for incoming video streams in Hyperion, flat buffer didnt work that well.

Look at live streaming video, set FPS on 30

Have to be smooth. If its not and still jerky than make a Port forward in your router/ open ports. Seems that the IP protocol PROTO buffer is using, packets is being blocked by the firewall/ router

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!