[solved] Update from 2.0.0-alpha.9 to 2.0.13 - LEDs will not work, 1 at most works.

• Forgive me, but I'm a bit frustrated. I've spent about 5 hours trying to update, which I thought would be simple. Instead of updating, I decided to start fresh on a separate SD card mainly because I forgot the PW to ssh on that SD card.

Here is a list of issues that I've ran into:

1. SSH from the installation instructions does not work. user: pi, pw: raspberry just doesn't work out of the box. (I believe this was caused by Raspberry Pi Imager?)

2. WLAN from the installation instructions does not work. The code to copy/paste was out of date. I've flashed 3 or 4 different SD cards at this time, this blurb in the docs is wrong, however the blurb right above it is correct. I also used the imager to set it up on one of the flashes and that seemed to work as well. Long story short: The docs are misleading and need to be updated.

3. I exported my LED settings from 2.0.0-alpha.9 and imported them into 2.0.13. That configuration did not work. No LED's are lit up or controlled. Logs claim that I'm running as user `pi`. Users on the forum say I need to run as root in order to control this. Maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't find directions anywhere to run hyperion as root. I find it odd that it doesn't even run this as root out of the box with a hyperbian installation. I found a lengthy argument on github with the maintainers and users with no solution to this problem, in that thread seems to be a comment that makes a SINGLE led work https://github.com/hyperion-pr…38#issuecomment-929566698.

4. I can't get more than a single LED working. No errors in the logs, configuration is correctly set at 232 LEDs. The graphics show that it's attempting to run all LEDs, yet only 1 is powered. Keep in mind that I can go back to the alpha and everything works perfectly.

5. RGB byte order is missing for ws281x. Why? It's not auto sensing it, and it's incorrect on the single LED that I can get working.

I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Does anyone have exact steps to setting up a GPIO 18 on RPi PWM, ws281x from installation of hyperbian to use of the LEDs in hyperion in 2.0.13?

• Hilfreichste Antwort

ws281x need root.

sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

then, go to config.txt  and add a line dtparam=audio=off >>> this is because PWM is normally used by the audio driver.

At the top right you will find the RGB Byte Order Wizard.

Set Settings level to Expert and in System > Log > Log-Level to debug.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks pclin. I executed the command and said yes in the follow up question. It's response was that Hyperion is already running as root. I already turned the audio off, sorry, I didn't mention that in my original post.

As for the byte order, I did find that. Browser cache must have been causing issues. The UI display was set on expert however the byte order was not showing up. I have that set correctly as well.

I'm still having the same issue. Only 1 led is lit. Same problem as the other user. I think you have a legitimate bug in this version. What else could cause only 1 LED to be controlled? Keep in mind, that this single LED Is acting as if it's receiving signal as the first LED in the array (Might be last LED, hard to tell), however no other LEDs are lighting up.

• Post your debug log.

I don't think this is a bug in the version, otherwise many more users would report it.

regards pclin

• petr0

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
  • pclin

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Update from 2.0.0-alpha.9 to 2.0.13 - LEDs will not work, 1 at most works.“ zu „[solved] Update from 2.0.0-alpha.9 to 2.0.13 - LEDs will not work, 1 at most works.“ geändert.
  • leovj I don't remember. All I remember is that it was my fault :). I wrote down the steps I took to solve the problem, it was one of the following that fixed it. Keep in mind, I'm running this on a rasberry pi 3b. Here's what I wrote down

1. Insert flash drive in windows desktop (or anything that can run rasberry pi etcher).
    2. Using Rasberry Pi etcher...
      1. Select OS using custom -> Hyperion image
      2. Choose storage
      3. Select Gear
        1. Check set hostname
        2. Enable SSH -> Add user and pw
        3. Configure wireless lan using SSID & PW
    3. Etch
    4. Remove flash drive and reinsert into computer that etched it.
    5. Go to the boot folder on that device (Should open up in windows like any other flash drive)
    6. Edit config.txt change this line to disable sound
    Code
    dtparam=audio=off
    1. Plug flash drive into raspi and boot using a 5v 2.5a power supply (important, you forgot this last time bonehead).
    2. SSH to raspi and run the following code
    Code
    sudo systemctl disable --quiet hyperion@pi.service --now
    sudo systemctl enable --quiet hyperion@root.service --now

you may need to run this directly in the console with a monitor. Otherwise do this via SSH.

Code
    sudo updateHyperionUser -u root
    1. Reboot
    2. Log in, make sure expert mode is enabled and your cache is cleared.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!