Ceiling Ambilight Setup using WLED/Hyperion

• After playing around with Wled and Hyperion on a small scale, I want to go a step further and build a project with sk6812 strips circling the ceiling, running on Wled and Hyperion (Windows). I'd like to setup Hyperion in order to achieve a multicolored section above the projector screen and single colored sections on the left and right walls. Do I need 3 wled controllers to create a setup like this or is there anyway to segment one controller and add it in multiple hyperion instances (Tried it, didn't work for me)?

There is also the Problem with the 490 leds limit. which seems to be avoidable by using the udpe131 or tpm2net protocol. My question is whether the limit is per wled device, Hyperion instance or overall leds in use? So by using 3 controllers, could I also avoid the limit entirely?

• What should the single colors left/right depend on?

With 3 ESP/WLED and multiple instances this works and you are independent, also the wiring becomes easier.

With Hyperion wled DDP also go more than 490 LED.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• the single colors should depend on the left and right screen values. But like an old school ambilight with one color for the entire strip. Hyperion seams to feature both options. I thought it might be confusing to use a multicolor setting which depends of the vertical screen values (left and right) when the strips are running horizontally on the ceiling. Or do you have other recommendations to setting this up?

Alright than I'm going with 3 controllers. Thanks for you help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!