Hyperion not sending to WLED

• I have had this working for years now it will not send anything to WLED ESP32. I have tried changing UDP port I have reinstalled WLED on another module with different IP. I was using a docker image of Hyperion I have tried to install the native program of Hyperion still no go. I have it running on a RPI4 and have reinstalled RPI OS and started from scratch with no success. If I go to IP of WLED I sometimes see the screen saying controls are being used by Hyperion do you want to override. Not sure what has went wrong. I have another TV I am running with another Hyperion and it running ok. The WLED seems to kick on for a moment but will not sync to colors that the Live Video window shows then it shuts down and then does this repeatedly. After a bit the LEDs won't even light up.

Here is the log

Hyperion System Summary Report (My Hyperion Config), Reported instance: unknown

• Do colors or effects of WLED work?

Do Hyperion colors or effects work?

There is a problem with the grabber, test it on the PC and select the smallest resolution in Hyperion.

E.g MJPG 680x480, Size decimation 4 to 8

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Sometimes I could control colors with WLED but then sometimes not.

No nothing worked from Hyperion effects.

I did manage to get it working again I had to change from udpraw to udpddp then things started working. Weird thing is I am still using the udpraw on another TV and Hyperion install I have in the house. they both run WLED .12 firmware and the same Hyperion vastest version. I do notice once in awhile on the udpddp that the colors will flash to an all yellow pattern for a second then back to the colors for the screen capture. Do you have any suggestions why this happens?

• Zitat von bsmith76s

Sometimes I could control colors with WLED but then sometimes not.

That always has to work, otherwise there is already a problem with ESP or WLED.

Wrong settings, connections or reset and flash the ESP again.

Current version of WLED is 0.13.1

udpddp only makes a difference if more than 490 LEDs are driven, otherwise both protocols can be used with no visible difference.

So something else is wrong.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

bsmith76s I would suggest you move to the latest WLED firmware, plus configure Hyperion with the WLED devicetype (not the udp ones).

The WLED device will explicitly control WLED and puts it into streaming (aka live) mode.

With that, you will not see the yellow pattern in between any longer. That pattern occurs, as there is a break in the data stream and WLED is not in stream (live) mode.

• I was wondering... I have my hyperion working behind my tv. Also i have a few esp32. My question is, can I extend the lighting by adding two additional edges (left and right) to the hyperion via esp32? I'd like to put additional strips behind front speakers...

• My question is, can I extend the lighting by adding two additional edges (left and right) to the hyperion via esp32?

you can with Instances: make 2 new instances for the left and right speaker where you want to put the ledstrips on

With every new instance you can make all the settings, think of led-layout, grabber settings etc.

when used a external grabber then you have to select for every new instance ALSO the external grabber and settings that you use exactly as instance 1

instance 1 is default (main)

goodluck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!