Looking for tutorial on Mac OS, usb powered / controlled Hyperion setup

• Greetings,

I’m pretty new to this, but familiar in general with electronics and software dev. I hit upon this forum when looking for, well, this. Just didn’t know the name.

I’m a bit confused because I see hardware support for USB … controllers? But I’m not sure how to acquire some of them. For instance, the docs mention one called 'karate' but there's no details and karate is an awfully popular google term.

So. I'm looking for a recommendation, and in return, I'll gladly write up a nice tutorial.

I want to put Hyperion on the back of my 49in ultra-wide, curved monitor. That monitor has a USB port that's connected. Ideally, I'd like to have something that I can plug into the back of the monitor via USB for *control* (I suspect I'll need a dedicated power line) so that I'm not having to futz with wireless.

For screen capture and processing, My monitor is hooked to a Mac. If necessary/wanted, I can contribute efficient, metal-based screen capture code.

So my specific question is ... what do I buy? I think I understand that I need a USB controller. And the LEDs that will match/work with it. I've looked at ESP32 boards but that seems wireless except for power. And what LEDs should I get? I'm looking specifically for amazon links because I don't particularly want to wait 6 weeks for banggood etc. Can anyone recommend a 'this board and these lights, with this power supply?' I know I could dedicate an entire RPi to it, but, well they're hard to get here, and I think I'd ideally like something smaller to hang on the back of the monitor.

Thanks in advance. Apologies if I've missed this in the documentation.

-Kevin

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!