RPi4 + Kodi + Ws2812B and no ambilight.

• Hello all,

I have tried many other ways, but after many failed tries, I have decided to write here.

I am using Raspberry Pi 4 (Raspbian OS Bullseye), and I want to have ambient light while I am watching IPTV over Kodi v19 (Matrix). I also use WS2812B LED Strip to obtain ambient light. HyperHDR is the application that I hope to work. I have tried this tutorial: https://www.raspberrypi.com/tu…y-pi-tv-ambient-lighting/

My setup has 2 different PSU.

- 1 for RPi4

- 1 for Ws2812B LED Strip.

LED's ground was connected to RPi4 GND pin, near to GPIO 18.

I have tried to use with Video Capture device. The ambient light has worked if Kodi doesn't play a video/iptv stream/youtube video.

The option "Instance Screen Capture" made me think I could use the system without a video capture device. However, LEDs are not active when I watch tv over Kodi.

Many people use HyperHDR or Hyperion here, and I believe too many people are pro about these issues. I need help, and I am unsure what I should provide here to get help.

Thanks in advance; I have tried to explain my problem step by step. Please let me know if you need further information.

Best wishes!

• My setup has 2 different PSU.

hey!

you need to GND everything into common ground.

also called V- / GND / common / - or 0volt

so you connect at least two GND pins on the Raspi, and connect them to the V- PSU1 ( Raspi)

then connect the Ledstrip GND to V- PSU2 (ledstrip)

then connect the PSU1 and PSU2 ( must be both 5 V voltage for this to work) together by bridging V- together.

now you made a common ground.

so from this point on the GND issue can no longer be there.

then i have to note; HyperHDR is a separate fork of dev. Awawa and not supported ( officially) on this forum.

may i suggest that you first try the normal Hyperion.NG ( Hyperbian 2.013) that's a ready to go image you can deploy on the Raspi.

second: for running WS281X PWM ledcontroller you need on Hyperbian ROOT acces;

Code
    sudo updateHyperionUser -u root 

enable this after installation of Hyperbian 2.013 on the terminal and reboot.

then in terminal:

Code
    sudo nano config.txt

add value or change into:

Code
    dtparam=audio=off 

CTRL+O and CTRL+X to save config, then reboot again

reboot in terminal:

Code
    sudo reboot

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Hello!

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually, I think I don't have gnd issue. It is working well and both psu are common grounded.

Black wires represents ground (GND) and both of them 5 volts (5 volt 10 amp for LED Strip; 5 volts 2.5 Amp. for RPi4 -Original PSU)

If you think there is still a problem may i request a basic draw how to do that?

Thank you for your understanding. I wasn't aware of here is not support that fork. however, I have various other applications on my RPi4, like node-red, HAP-Node-JS smart home, webmin etc. Therefore, I don't want to setup an operating system like application. Is there any version that I can use with Raspbian OS together with my other applications?

If yes, I would like to apply with a tutorial.

Best wishes! Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!