Black border detection - USB Camera

• Hello all

I am over the moon with my Hyperion ng setup via RPI4 + USB Camera however, I cannot get the black border detection to work at all. I have cycled through all of the modes and set thresholds between 1% and 100% with no success. Could someone please advise?

Thank you in advance!

• Raspberry Pi Zero 4
    • Raspbian Stretch lite

• Hyperion NG - Alpha

• Arduino Uno R3
    • WS2812B
    • 5V 10 Power supply
    • Philips SPZ2000 USB camera
  • That won't work with the live video!

The camera has to cover your screen and not half the room.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• That won't work with the live video!

The camera has to cover your screen and not half the room.

regards pclin

That makes complete sense, I didn't think of that. Thank you

• Raspberry Pi Zero 4
    • Raspbian Stretch lite

• Hyperion NG - Alpha

• Arduino Uno R3
    • WS2812B
    • 5V 10 Power supply
    • Philips SPZ2000 USB camera
  • Hello all

I am over the moon with my Hyperion ng setup via RPI4 + USB Camera however, I cannot get the black border detection to work at all. I have cycled through all of the modes and set thresholds between 1% and 100% with no success. Could someone please advise?

Thank you in advance!

Which camera you are using?

• Hello, it might be that the above answer would solve my problem if I understood it. What does "Screen has to be in center of the grabbed area. Means that BBD only works when image is same as grabbed area" mean exactly. An example of the settings in the software would be great. Thank you very much.

• hey,

It means that you have to ZOOM in until you see only the TV screen, you can only do that with cctv cameras. I did a test with those and needed a 11mm lens on a standard color cctv camera with 3,5 mtr distance. The results after tweaking were mediocre at best.

So you have to put the USB camera as close to the TV screen as possible, then look at the grabbed area in Hyperion.NG You should see only the screen to make BBD work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!