New to Hyperion, lots of confusion

• Hi, stumbled here in my quest to set up an inexpensive amblight solution but I'm very confused.

Here is my understanding, pls correct if wrong:

I need

1. an addressable LED strip - ws2812b?

2. something to control it - ESP32 running WLED ok?

3. something to capture the HDMI signal - some USB capture device? I can see some posts which refer a HDMI to composite video converter. Is this needed?

4. Most problematic part; Hyperion Server aka Raspberry Pi!! which currently costs a fortune. Or a X86 machine which is like buying a bulldozer when I need a bicycle. I can see references to libreelec/ coreelec etc. Can I use something like an inexpensive amlogic box to run hyperion on instead? I defnitely need the generic HDMI signal to be used as the input and not kodi media etc, so is this possible?

Please help me with this. Thank you.

• 1. Ws2812b = cheap, SK6812 RGBW-NW = best colors, HD107/108S good colors best speed

2. OK!

3. is necessary for old analog grabbers, currently it is no longer used. Grabber/Splitter

4. Hyperion runs on different devices or can be compiled for it, i use Dreambox (amlogic) and LG Hyperion-webOS

Newer libreelec or kodi versions do not work at the moment!

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks for the excellent help! Can you or someone else point me to the builds to use with either a S905X or S912 or S905X3 box? I have easy access to all 3, latter 2 preferred.

Also which HDMI grabber? and how to connect to an amlogic box? I guess over USB. Would be silly of me to presume the onboard HDMI on the TV box could act as a capture device, I guess.

• GitHub - hyperion-project/hyperion.ng: The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation
    The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation - GitHub - hyperion-project/hyperion.ng: The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation
    github.com

Building

See Post #2 Grabber/Splitter

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• It seems a little daunting to build my own. I dont know what parameters to use. I dont even have a Linux desktop. I need one right?

Can you please help with the process a little if possible please? Or just maybe point me to a pre compiled build for one of my boxes.

• If you don't find anything for your boxes here, you have to compile them yourself. Instructions for different devices and OS here in CompileHowto

I would set

then USB Grabber and WLED is possible with hyperion.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

S905X or S912 or S905X3 box?

With those devices you should be able running CoreElec which has the latest Hyperion as a plug-in too.

Hyperion has a dedicated Amlogic grabber to capture the CoreElec screen.

Of course you can use an external grabber too.

Just to give you an extra option…

• Thanks for the excellent help guys. I installed the Hyperion ng service from CE and I'm off to a great start. Hyperion service is talking to my WLED instance and all seems well so far. Will complete the project soon and update. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!