Little confused, what hardware to get

• Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance. I’m a home assistant guy, who’s still relatively a beginner, and I’ve been meaning to set up and try out Hyperion on my TV for a while, just never had the time to research all the lighting and parts. I was originally planning to have it integrated within the raspberry pi that is already running home assistant, but after some quick research, I believe I can’t do that because I wouldn’t be able to connect lights or video grabbers to it (unless I’m wrong, please correct me if I am).

Anyways, I have a spare pi lying around, and plan to use that instead. My question is, what other hardware do I need? Not sure what video grabbers to get, or actual lights for the 75 inch smart TV that I plan to put it on. I find the documentation on this a little confusing, and was hoping someone would be able to help me. Also wonder if it would be able to get any video info from the smart TV, or only when I am using external sources (like a ps4). Thank you!

• pclin

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Hi,

please describe which devices you have and how connected.

Video from smart TV is currently only with LG webOS TV's, DRM protected content only with older models.

Splitter/Matrix/Grabber

SK6812 RGBW-NW best colors. HD107s/HD108s good colors high frame rates.

ESP32 with WLED

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hey, thanks for the reply! Right now, I use a ps4 connected via HDMI for occasional gaming, but use the samsung smart TV's built in interface most of the time, to watch media, etc. Was hoping there would be a way to sync the lights with content playing from the smart TV, though that doesn't seem to be the case, unless I am wrong. Thanks for all the links, I'll look into them!

• Hi! So right now, I've kind of given up on trying to get any video signal from the smart TV, and plan on moving an Apple TV to the room and using that mainly. I'm hoping to have it sync with two sources, my ps4 and the Apple TV, and ideally both at 4k 60hz. Can anyone help with what the best HDMI splitter or capture card would be for this, that wouldn't break the bank either? Thank you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!