Difference between Pi 2 zero W and Pi 4b

• After spending quite a few hours trying to debug my Pi 4b, I'm at a loss.

I started with this blog post (WS2812B) and was able to get my pi 2 zero W working properly. I noticed that I was having a bit more lag than I was wanting, so I thought I'd try to get it running on a spare pi 4b I had laying around.

I'm running the 2022-09-04-HyperBian-lite image, but I've tried the 2022-11-27-HyperBian-lite as well with no differences. Instead of seeing the rainbow effect on boot, I get seemingly random blinking, steady, different colored lights. I've enabled hyperion to run as root, and tried different pins to no effect.

Anyone have any ideas I can try? Are there any differences I should know about between the pi 2 zero W and the pi 4b?

I'll be happy to provide logs if that's any help (I'm not seeing any errors myself)

Welp, I figured it out. It was a bad grounding issue.

Since I started with the RPi zero 2w, I created a USB micro power cable and that worked fine. When I switched to the RPi 4, I used a micro to usb C adaptor and that seemed to cause brownout issues with the pi 4. To fix that I went with an separate external power adaptor for the pi 4 which means the pi and the LEDs were no longer sharing a ground. When I made a new usb type C power cable such that the LEDs and the RPi 4 shared the power source, I now have a working system. SMH, can you tell that I've been out of the embedded world for a decade or 2?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nglessner () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by nglessner into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!