[Hyperion | WLED] Turning off Hyperion output transitions WLED brightness from 100% -> Input brightness

• Hi all - hoping to get some clarity and suggestions on fixing an issue area I have with Hyperion and its interfacing with WLED.

My setup:

- Rpi2b with Hyperion

- ESP8266 with WLED

- SK6812 NW 60LEDs/m

- HDMI splitter with USB grabber

- 15a PSU

Here's the context - I use Home Assistant to automate turning Hyperion LED output on/off depending on the state of my media player being on/off. When Hyperion (and therefore TV) is not in use, I use WLED to control the light strip as a light source for the room (No canned lights, fan lights, or any lights really). Therefore, the light strip is almost perpetually on when someone is in the room.

All well and great. Here is the situation: Say the lights are white at 50% brightness. I go and watch TV, turning on Hyperion output and overriding the white color and brightness. When I am done watching TV, Hyperion turns off and is supposed to set the output back to the ORIGINAL WLED settings from when the Hyperion was turning on initially. What I am actually seeing is that Hyperion turns off and the strip is set to max brightness, and within a second slowly fades to the original brightness.

Now, it's not a deal breaker. It's just slightly annoying. Especially in a situation where it is night time, and the room is otherwise dark. A 100% brightness for a second or two strains the eyes until the transition finishes.

Any thoughts on how I can configure WLED or Hyperion to immediately transition to the correct brightness? Happy to provide video if the above is unclear.

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • If u use Controller type: wled in Hyperion you can use enable Restore lights' state, then Hyperion will switch back to the last state.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Correct, pclin. I have that set, and it does restore the state to the previous. However, in the transition to restoring the state, it first sets the WLED brightness to 100, then fades down to the previous states set brightness. This transition is what I am attempting to bypass. I would prefer it to restore directly to the previous brightness of 50%, not 100% then fade to 50%.

• I've just tested this on mine, works perfectly, the last status of WLED is restored immediately, without delay and the brightness is immediately at about 30% as before.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Pclin - Thanks for the info. Did you take a peek at the video I linked in my above comment? Just confirming that the behavior of my setup is different than what you're experiencing.

If so - any changes to your WLED config? I havent really messed with my WLED config. I would also be interested in a video of your transition if you're comfortable posting.

Thank you!

Welp - SOLVED!

Figured out the root cause of the transition and 100% brightness upon restoring previous state. IF and only if WLEDs transition time (on main control page) is set to ANYTHING > 0 seconds, the lights will transition from 100% brightness down to whatever the previous state brightness was.

While I would still enjoy a half second or even quarter second transition time, I am happy to turn it off if it means I wont be blinded when turning Hyperion off.

Pclin / Lord-Grey, thank you both for you help and I hope this knowledge will help you and others in the future!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hogantg () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by hogantg into this post.

• hogantg

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
  • Yes WLED Transitions makes sense with WLED effects, for Hyperion and other applications you should switch it off.

I've been pointing this out in my instructions for a long time. ;)

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!