Hyperion auf LG OLED C2 + Shield Pro ohne Löten / Hyperion on LG OLED C2 + Shield Pro without soldering (DE/EN)

• Hallo zusammen,

vorab die Hardware:

- OLED77C22LB (webOS Version: 7.2.0-44 (mullet-marine), Software Version: 03.21.30)

- NVIDIA Shield Pro

- Raspberry Pi 4

Nachdem der Root des C2 funktioniert hat, wollte ich mich nun mit dem ambientlight beschäftigen, wofür es im webOS Homebrew Store auch einige Applikationen gibt (https://repo.webosbrew.org/apps/org.webosbrew.piccap, https://repo.webosbrew.org/app…webosbrew.hyperhdr.loader, https://repo.webosbrew.org/app…osbrew.hyperion.ng.loader).

Nun wollte ich fragen, ob es da eine unkomplizierte Möglichkeit gibt einen LED-Streifen anzusteuern, ohne einen weiteren Microcontroller zu kaufen und diesen gar flashen zu müssen.

Ich habe auch einen Raspberry Pi 4 für andere Applikationen im Betrieb, kann aber nur als Server verwendet werden und demnach nicht die GPIO-Pins.

Meine Traumvorstellung wäre ein WiFi-LED-Streifen der direkt von einer der genannten webOS Applikationen angesteuert wird oder der Raspberry Pi als Proxy dient.

Ist sowas möglich?

Danke und viele Grüße im Vorraus

---

Hello all,

first of all the hardware:

- OLED77C22LB (webOS version: 7.2.0-44 (mullet-marine), software version: 03.21.30)

- NVIDIA Shield Pro

- Raspberry Pi 4

After the root of the C2 worked, I now wanted to deal with the ambient light, for which there are also some applications in the webOS homebrew store (https://repo.webosbrew.org/apps/org.webosbrew.piccap, https://repo.webosbrew.org/app…webosbrew.hyperhdr.loader, https://repo.webosbrew.org/app…osbrew.hyperion.ng.loader).

Now I wanted to ask if there is an uncomplicated way to control a LED strip without buying another microcontroller and even having to flash it.

I also have a Raspberry Pi 4 for other applications in use, but can only be used as a server and therefore not the GPIO pins.

My dream idea would be a WiFi LED strip that is directly controlled by one of the mentioned webOS applications or the Raspberry Pi serves as a proxy.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks and many greetings in advance

• Now I wanted to ask if there is an uncomplicated way to control a LED strip without buying another microcontroller and even having to flash it.

You need a ledcontroller ( that does the calculations) for lighting the strip, the execution is always hardware that's being steered by software in the case of HyperionNG. You have also hardware ledcontrollers like a ready to go box, so NO.

Just order yourself a second hand Raspi3 and use the GPIO pins on there, or else use a Microcontroller with or without Wled ( wireless led) you can purchase microcontrollers from a couple of bucks on Ali Express.

• LEDs cannot be connected directly to the LG.

The best and easiest is an ESP with WLED software.

ESP32 is the best option, it can be controlled via WLAN, but an ESP with a LAN interface is the better choice for the lowest latency.

Wled software can be flashed very easily and is also quickly set up in the WIKI you will find everything about it.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thank you two for your answers!

So the LG would speak with the ESP32 which is connected to the LED strip, right?

Nothing more is needed for that? Are there any cases or something like that to connect the ESP directly to the strip? I would rather not like to use a development board behind my TV. And can you recommend me a good ESP32 with everything which is needed (eg. case, cable, ... ?) and an LED-strip? (The SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m looking like a good start)

Greetings

PS: sorry for these dumb questions. I hated microcontroller programming since for ever, but want to try this ambilight solution even more ^^

• Hyperion sends data to the ESP with WLED, which calculates the values for the LED from the data, which are then controlled via the ESP's GPIO. PicCap (grabber) runs on LG TV and sends images to Hyperion via flat buffer. It is best if you also use Hyperion on the LG.

Hyperion can also run on a PC (Windows, Mac, Linux), RPI, Dreambox, etc.

For ESP, there are all imaginable versions, from tinkering solutions to ready-made systems (ESP flashed in housing with stripes, PSU).

See WLED Wiki Compatible Hardware, wled.shop, insanelights, QuinLED etc.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Hey there,

all right, now have an ESP32-WROOM-32D flashed with WLED in front of me and the LED strip (SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m) will also arrive in the next few days.

My question is: What do i also need for the Hyperion setup? Do i need an external energy source for the mentioned strip or is the voltage of the ESP32 enough? And do i have to power the ESP32 with a special power supply or is an old phone charger + micro usb cable sufficient?

Kind regards

• You need a 5V power supply for the strips that supplies enough amperes for the number of LEDs you are using. With 300 LEDs that would be max. 15 amps.

You can also supply the ESP via the power supply unit, but it is also possible to supply the ESP externally via a 5V USB power supply unit.

WLED Power Calculator

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Hey, alright, i ordered this power supply and wanted to use it for the ESP32 and the LED strip. Do you think that would be sufficient for both? Or would you recommend to still use an external power supply for the ESP32?

And how exactly have you wired all of this together? So which of the 5 wires of the SK6812 did you wire to the ESP32, which to the power supply, etc.? And did you use any fuse or transistors?

Thanks!

• Very good power supply!

Level shifter, resistance, fuse are optional but recommended. I supply the ESP with the Stripes power supply, but it also works with an external power supply or via USB.

For ESP: DATA common ground is always required.

If you supply the Stripes with the power supply unit +5V.

The 2 lines to the power supply unit of the Stripes, the 3 lines with plugs to the ESP if you supply the ESP via the power supply unit of the Stripes. If the ESP is supplied externally, then do not connect the +5 volt line from the 3 lines.

regards pclin

• viertel97 Hi, just came across this thread and wondered what your final setup now looks like.
    I'm starting with similar resources and am now figuring out how to put an ambience light on the tv without having too many cables and boards hanging behind my tv ^^

• @pclin Hey, since you approved the power supply for this setup I also ordered one :) But now that I cut it open, I noticed there's only one single cable inside, instead of two or three like I expected.
    Can you tell me (or link me) how to properly connect such a power supply to a controller/stripe, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Inner conductor = +5V

Outer shield = GND

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• pclin thank you! This works now :)
    I now have a weird flickering on full white brightness for some reason (using HyperHDR) and unfortunately couldn't use HyperionNG for WebOS because the Deamon just wouldn't start.
    Will try to figure things out.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!