Hesitating between APA102, SK9822, WS2812BECO and SK6812

• Hi,

I am hesitating between all those types of led strips and I can't decide myself. WS2812BECO has the non-negligeable advantage of being super cheap. More of a quarter of all others. That's a good point. I will need 4m for my TV and additionnal 4m for some lighting in the room. So the others can get pretty expensive (more than 70€ for the others while 10m of WS2812BECO is 24€)

But SK6812 has better whites (and my led strip will also be used to light the room sometimes, so good whites is a nice point too) and APA102 are said to be faster.

I'm lost. Which one would you choose and why ? Is it really worth it to triple my price ? What arguments could you bring ?

Also do you have any other recommendations you could give ? If you have links with maybe offers that could soften those prices, I am interested.

Have a great day.

• my APA102 30led/mtr ledstrip runs for 2 years now and not one led is misfiring.

Quality cost money 💰

That's my answer to cheap leds...

I use my setup almost every day

RGBw has separate whites, so the white parts are.more fluent.

You have the w types in natural,cool en warm whites

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• RGBW only SK6812

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Also are APA102 RGB or RGBW ? I didn't find this info anywhere.

like pclin mentioned,

RGBW is RGB+W

you have these in special types,

RGB+CW cool white, kelvin temp is high, more blue

RGB+WW warm white kelvin temp is low, less blue

RGB+NW natural white kelvin temp is medium, medium blue

(think of your pc monitor, colours are often mentioned in Kelvin )

APA102's don't come ( at least i know off) in +W types, you don't need that for the APA because the whites are very nice put together within the led.

If you are purchasing W type ledstrips then in Hyperion you have the option ( led controller section) to send the separate white data to the leds

note: its also possible to make the string out of separate RGB leds > i was thinking about it before because they are bigger ( more bright/MCD values) than the standard 50/50 SMD leds on a strip.

the only thing is to make the frame for them can be time consuming and more expensive, but i've seen builds on the internet which looked also very nice.

so make up your mind what you want. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!