HDMI capture card for use with Chromecast with Google TV

• Hello.

A while back I installed Hyperion LED's on my sister's TV, and used a (version of) Rullz HDMI capture card with loop. The same kind of capture card I used on my own setup. But while I have connected the output of a Denon surround receiver with HDMI switch to the capture card, my sister's connected a Google Chromecast. She's had some issues with this, but I have not had a chance to troubleshoot it. I recently gave her a new Chromecast with Google TV for Christmas. And when I tried to set it up for her, I was not able to get it working with the the Hyperion LED's at all. Hyperion didn't get any video information from the Chromecast, and the TV didn't recognize the Chromecast either.

But the TV is a Samsung smart TV, so I'm not even sure that the Chromecast sends out video data unless it has a good handshake with the connected hardware (I would guess this is the capture card).

So I assume the HDMI card is either broken, or it doesn't work properly with the Chromecast. So what kind of capture card can I use for this? Either a capture card with loop, or a combination of HDMI splitter and capture card. I'm not sure if I need support for CEC and HDCP or not when connecting a Chromecast directly...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!